Position Wanted why am i not finding any positions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mak8787

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,
i am an img and a permanent us resident. i graduated in 2011 and did not match this year. i have both clinical elective experience from UTSW and research from harvard and hopkins.
i passed all my steps on first attempt
my scores are
step 1:219
step 2 ck: 199
cs:pass
i applied to 57 places all im and got 1 interview, did not match
i have applied to every available off match spot but have not gotten anything.
i feel frustrated. please tell me how to go about in the next match?
will a good step 3 score improve my chances?
help anyone...any advice is welcome. i feel stunted and burnt.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hi all,
i am an img and a permanent us resident. i graduated in 2011 and did not match this year. i have both clinical elective experience from UTSW and research from harvard and hopkins.
i passed all my steps on first attempt
my scores are
step 1:219
step 2 ck: 199
cs:pass
i applied to 57 places all im and got 1 interview, did not match
i have applied to every available off match spot but have not gotten anything.
i feel frustrated. please tell me how to go about in the next match?
will a good step 3 score improve my chances?
help anyone...any advice is welcome. i feel stunted and burnt.
thanks

You only applied to 57 places. Your step 2 score is low. You need to apply to every FM, IM, and Psych residency out there to try and get a spot...

You can try emailing the location that did give you an interview and ask for feedback on what you can do to improve yourself for next go around.

Reactions: 1 user
You only applied to 57 places. Your step 2 score is low. You need to apply to every FM, IM, and Psych residency out there to try and get a spot...

You can try emailing the location that did give you an interview and ask for feedback on what you can do to improve yourself for next go around.
i knew i blew it because they needed someone who could manage patients they kept giving me scenarios and i was not at par at what they were expecting in terms of patient management

Members don't see this ad :)
step 3 scores help? no? anything else?