Who's Who Resident Directory with actual names?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gfunk6

And to think . . . I hesitated
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I met a ton of engaging, intelligent, and personable applicants this year. Personally, I would love to know which program they wound up in. It would be nice to keep in touch for the future and plan to meet up at ASTRO. Also, in field as small as RadOnc, it's great to make connections.

To prevent people from connecting your username with your real name, one could use the "Impressions" account (passwd: Impressions).

Dermatology already has a similar system in place here . Not only do they post names w/ programs but also med school and advanced degrees. If Derm (an insanely competitive field in its own right) is so open, we should have no problem. Heck, in some cases the program coordinators themselves post this info.

Anyway, this is a thread to determine interest in this endeavor and to generate discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

feel free to do this but please note: do not put in the names of anyone other than yourself. Respect the privacy of your colleagues. Thanks.

Hmmm . . . 100+ views and only one response? Well, let me put it this way. If you don't mind me putting up your name and program please PM me. Once I get a reasonable number (if I do, that is . . .) I will post them via the "Impressions" acct for maximum privacy.

Members don't see this ad :)
ARRO prints out a directory of current residents every year. It's not that hard to find out where people ended up... if you are willing to wait a year until you start your Rad Onc residency.

clintpark said:
ARRO prints out a directory of current residents every year. It's not that hard to find out where people ended up... if you are willing to wait a year until you start your Rad Onc residency.

Thanks for the word. I hope I remember a lot of the names of the fine folks I met in 16+ months or so.

as for the accuracy of arro- im still listed as chief resident at hopkins...

As of the latest ARRO directory on the ARRO website dated July 2005-December 2005, there is someone else listed as the Hopkins Chief Resident.

However, you need an ASTRO login/password to access it.

I have a printed copy with Jan '06 to June '06 dates.

I would think this is quite up-to-date as a lot of 1st year rad onc residents are listed accurately.

gotta protect peoples privacy, ya know :)

there is a public section under studnets that lists the programs. yours truely is still there as chief.