Who's starting Harvard MPH in fall?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uropsy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
medical student here who is getting pretty excited about taking a break from the hospital and spending the year in Boston. Was interested in connecting with other incoming HSPH MPH students. Also was interested in hearing from current HSPH about their likes and dislikes about the program.

I fell like i have twenty million questions! Here are the most pressing:

1. How feasible is it to have a car in Boston. I keep hearing you don't need one but I generally like being able to come and go as I please especially since I am interested in exploring new england and canada.
2. I expect a one year master program at Harvard to be pretty intense but how does the work load and time committment it compare to medical school?
3. I know the faculty is world-class but is the advising on that level also? (i.e. do the advisors just sign off on your schedule or truly advise)
4. Is there much involvement with other concentrations or does everyone pretty much just socialize with their own department?
5. How many MD/MPH students are in the program? There was only a few medical students on the contact list sent from the Education office.

Hope to hear from some of you!

Members don't see this ad.