who's applying...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmarie224

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who all is applying this fall and what schools are you applying to?? I'm applying to MCO, SCO, and IU.

Just curious to see what everyone is doing...

Members don't see this ad.

I wanted to apply to MCO but one of the OD's I worked for (who went there) said that the morning of his interview, his car wouldn't start because the temperature was 20 below zero. I decided that Michigan might not be for me. :laugh:

Good luck to you and to the rest of you who apply this year!! :luck:

Hey! I am from Canada and Im applying to alot of schools...
SUNY
PCO
ICO
NOVA
NECO
Waterloo

I really dont know what my chances are...it depends on the day..some days im like oh yea i think i have a shot..and others i just feel like not so much! I havent written the OAT yet but am studying for it like mad..and am writing august 27th..that is, if im ready.

my gpa is kinda low..but its 3.0+ for sure..but I just did pretty bad first year..like a 2.6 (64% avg) but then second and third year did really well..like 3.5 +....so i really dont kno how much my first year marks are gonna affect me..it kinda sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
So who all is applying this fall and what schools are you applying to?? I'm applying to MCO, SCO, and IU.

Just curious to see what everyone is doing...

Hi!

I'm applying this fall to NOVA, NECO, and SCO...I'm so excited for these next few months, but I really want to fastforward through this whole OAT/applying process.

I wanted to apply to MCO but one of the OD's I worked for (who went there) said that the morning of his interview, his car wouldn't start because the temperature was 20 below zero. I decided that Michigan might not be for me. :laugh:

haha...yah i've lived here my whole life so i'm used to the crappy weather. i hate it and would rather live anywhere else, but the in-state tuition is soooo nice

I wanted to apply to MCO but one of the OD's I worked for (who went there) said that the morning of his interview, his car wouldn't start because the temperature was 20 below zero.

I left my home city in March to interview with SCCO. It was -30ºC (-22ºF) when the plane took off. When we arrived in LA it was 30ºC (86ºF).

That was a good selling point.

I'm applying to NOVA and SCO. I am visiting Memphis right now and am really impressed with SCO. Unfortunately, SCO just raised the tuiton 2K from 20K so now its 22K out of state. NOVA is still 18K in state tuition so that's a no brainer. I was really impressed with everything SCO has to offer but NOVA offers all of it as well. I would rather live in Ft Lauderdale than Memphis I'm pretty sure. For people going to SCO I will be envious. I wish I could go to both but I have to decide and NOVA is still leading. :)

I'm applying to NOVA and SCO. I am visiting Memphis right now and am really impressed with SCO. Unfortunately, SCO just raised the tuiton 2K from 20K so now its 22K out of state. NOVA is still 18K in state tuition so that's a no brainer. I was really impressed with everything SCO has to offer but NOVA offers all of it as well. I would rather live in Ft Lauderdale than Memphis I'm pretty sure. For people going to SCO I will be envious. I wish I could go to both but I have to decide and NOVA is still leading. :)

I had the same dilemma, stuck between SCO and Nova. Ft. Lauderdale may be nicer and prettier than Memphis, but the cost of living here is much, much lower. The tuition may be cheaper at Nova, but you'll make up for the difference in living costs. Sorry, I'm biased. :D (plus I'm from VA so anywhere I picked would have been out of state.)

JMU07, I really need to talk to you about everything. I'll IM you when you get on. I went to Mud Island and the apartment rentals were $500 a month for anything nice; where are you living and is it nice? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but Nova has the new complex that is $600 a month which is a good price for Ft. Laudy and it's right across the school. It would be an extra $100 a month down there. Is the food or utilities more expensive? Do you really think that living in Ft. Laudy will cost me at least 8K (over 4 years) more than living in Memphis? I say this because SCO is 22K while Nova is 20K a year (because I'm in FL), so 8K over 4 years saved. Also, what was your main reason for going to SCO? For out-of-state like yourself, it IS cheaper all around at SCO so it would be easy for you. I'm honestly all ears right now because I'm sure I can get into both schools and I want to make the right choice. So I'll talk to you later about it. :)

I did an overall estimate cost based on the figures Southern and Nova gave and the money is about the same in the end. So I'm probably going to Nova.

Hey, even if you think you've made your decision, if you still want to talk send me a PM. I check SDN a lot, and I'd be glad to help you out! :) I actually bought a house (I'm married) out in Cordova but there are really nice apartments out here too for around $600 a month.

Sorry we've hijacked your thread OP. We'll take it to PM's.

Im applyin to ICO, PCO, NECO, NOVA, SCCO and the two new ones... so total 7...

...probably get the application out by september 15th. takin OAT august 15th.
...ok, gotta get back to studyin'

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i'm applying to uhco. i'm undecided on whether or not to apply to ucb:confused:.

I'm *probably* applying this round (though I might wait a year for personal reasons), but regardless of when, I'm applying to Berkeley, SCCO, Western U (haha I love California...), PCO, SUNY and NECO.

I'm just applying to NOVA

I am applying to PCO, SUNY, NECO, UMSL, ICO, IUCO, and SCCO. Is that too many?

im applyin to seven too...we have four in common.
everyone has told me that is too many but I want to make sure I have a selection to choose from and plus im nervous

im applyin to seven too...we have four in common.
everyone has told me that is too many but I want to make sure I have a selection to choose from and plus im nervous

Agreed.

1.) Pacific (my # 1 choice)
2.) SCCO
3.) Western University

Last edited:
1) Uhco
2) Sco

Last edited:
1. OSU
2. SCO
3. PCO
4. Indiana or Illinois

1) Pacific
2) SCCO
3) Nova
4) PCO

So, for those of you applying to SUNY, does anyone else find it odd that they require your HS transcript and SAT/ACT scores? Obviously high school performance was good enough to get into whatever college you're at... so what's the point?

I actually interviewed at IU a week and a half ago. I should hear later this week and, if I'm accepted, I probably won't apply elsewhere.

wow when did you submit ur application?
a week and half ago is what Aug 1st...

wow when did you submit ur application?
a week and half ago is what Aug 1st...

IU offers an "early decison" admission process which I applied for.

http://www.opt.indiana.edu/programs/od/early.htm

The deadline for it was August 1st though, and I'm pretty sure they won't do it next year. If all turns out well, I won't have to interview during the school year, which is definitely a plus. A few other schools offer that sort of thing as well.

So, for those of you applying to SUNY, does anyone else find it odd that they require your HS transcript and SAT/ACT scores? Obviously high school performance was good enough to get into whatever college you're at... so what's the point?

Not sure what the deal is with that and I too find it kind of odd and not really necessary, but straight A's all thru high school won't hurt I suppose!

a lot of pre reqs could be AP credits, which would show up on your high school transcript, so maybe thats why?

Not sure what the deal is with that and I too find it kind of odd and not really necessary, but straight A's all thru high school won't hurt I suppose!

Haha...well let's just say that senior slump hit me hard in HS :laugh:

I applied to SUNY, PCO, SCO and ICO so far, I am debating if I want to apply to NECO as well. I have interviews set up with ICO and SCO already.

a lot of pre reqs could be AP credits, which would show up on your high school transcript, so maybe thats why?

AP Credit should show up on your college transcript as well.

I think it's stupid really. My personality and demeanor in HS is nowhere the same as it was my freshmen year of college or how I am now. I do not see any need to look at what grades I received in world history 8 years ago.

Although I got good grades and graduated among the top of my HS class, senioritis hit me hard.

Anyways.. I'll be appling to UCBSO, SUNY, ICO, NECO, and maybe a few more.

I applied to SUNY, PCO, SCO and ICO so far, I am debating if I want to apply to NECO as well. I have interviews set up with ICO and SCO already.

When are you interviewing at SCO? I just set mine up. I'll be there September 12th

When are you interviewing at SCO? I just set mine up. I'll be there September 12th

I am on the 12th as well! At 10:00. Congrats on getting the interview. What hotel are you staying at? I just booked at the GenXInn. I hope its nice!

I am on the 12th as well! At 10:00. Congrats on getting the interview. What hotel are you staying at? I just booked at the GenXInn. I hope its nice!

The GenX looks gorgeous from what I can see through the windows, never been inside. And it's so close!! Good luck you guys! :luck:

Mine's at 1:00 so maybe I'll see you sometime that day! I'm not sure where I'm staying yet. You are coming from Michigan too? Whereabouts?