Who's applying to Florida schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
page 3 not cool...

Members don't see this ad.

how do you gain state residency in florida for admissions purposes? can you move in june of the year you apply for any of the schools?

I think you need to be a resident for X number of years. Not sure what the X is, but I think its at least a couple.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I am relatively new to this forum but being that I currently attend FSU and have lived in Miami all my life, I have read through most of the pages in this thread.
Some stuff about me, I have been volunteering/working in hospitals since I was 13 and have recently started shadowing surgeons because thats the area I am most interested in. At the moment I am in my second year at FSU and am deciding on a big decision that I was hoping I could get help with.
I feel indifferent towards my experience at FSU and am wondering whether or a transfer to UF would help me or hinder me in my application process to med schools (I plan on applying to all 4 state schools). Shands really intrigues me and the only hospital in Tallahassee no longer allows student workers. However such a drastic change for two years of undergrad hardly seems worth it when I am pulling a 3.8 at FSU and the adjustment time at UF might bite my GPA. Would going from a school currently ranked 110 to top 50 REALLY make that much of an influence?
Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Edit: I feel like I did not give enough information to justify advice.
-Pro: UF has academics, students seem more focused, higher ranked school, closer to home(although not much of a factor but at least I would be able to drive there), more driven friends attended UF. Whenever I visit Gainesville, I have always enjoyed myself and like the city.
-Con: "Grass is greener on the other side" syndrome, have not been able to sit in on classes, would feel like I am essentially abandoning my roommate, may be a mistake to leave FSU when I already feel comfortable there, outside of pre-existing friends I have yet to meet friendly students at UF, fear that changing schools may seem like I have lack of loyalty.

This may be a decision I am over-thinking but it is a decision that will greatly affect my life and one I have to make very soon. Deep thanks to anyone offering help.

how do you gain state residency in florida for admissions purposes? can you move in june of the year you apply for any of the schools?

Once you move, you need to give up your out of state license and hold a FL license for at least one year. In addition, you need to file FL taxes, have FL insurance and registration on your vehicle and show proof that your address is your permanent address usually through utilities bills!

Hey everyone, I am relatively new to this forum but being that I currently attend FSU and have lived in Miami all my life, I have read through most of the pages in this thread.
Some stuff about me, I have been volunteering/working in hospitals since I was 13 and have recently started shadowing surgeons because thats the area I am most interested in. At the moment I am in my second year at FSU and am deciding on a big decision that I was hoping I could get help with.
I feel indifferent towards my experience at FSU and am wondering whether or a transfer to UF would help me or hinder me in my application process to med schools (I plan on applying to all 4 state schools). Shands really intrigues me and the only hospital in Tallahassee no longer allows student workers. However such a drastic change for two years of undergrad hardly seems worth it when I am pulling a 3.8 at FSU and the adjustment time at UF might bite my GPA. Would going from a school currently ranked 110 to top 50 REALLY make that much of an influence?

-Pro: UF has academics, students seem more focused, higher ranked school, closer to home(although not much of a factor but at least I would be able to drive there), more driven friends attended UF. Whenever I visit Gainesville, I have always enjoyed myself and like the city.
-Con: "Grass is greener on the other side" syndrome, have not been able to sit in on classes, would feel like I am essentially abandoning my roommate, may be a mistake to leave FSU when I already feel comfortable there, outside of pre-existing friends I have yet to meet friendly students at UF, fear that changing schools may seem like I have lack of loyalty.

This may be a decision I am over-thinking but it is a decision that will greatly affect my life and one I have to make very soon. Deep thanks to anyone offering help.
If the only reason you want to transfer to UF is because you think it will increase your chances of getting into med school to have a UF diploma instead of an FSU one, then don't transfer. As you pointed out yourself, moving is very disruptive and things always seem better from the outside. There are no guarantees that you will like UF, and you could wind up having to stay in college longer if some of your coursework doesn't transfer. You've already been in Tallahassee for two years now, and you've made a life for yourself there (friends, roommates, etc.). You'll be graduating in another two years. It would be one thing if FSU didn't offer the major you want or you weren't doing well there or you were miserable there, but I don't get that impression. My philosophy is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. There are other ways to get what you want without totally upturning your entire life. For example, if you want to volunteer at Shands, see if you can spend the summer working there. Or, apply for an REU and do summer research at UF or some other school. Or, go home for the summer and work at Jackson. You're not limited to only shadowing in Tallahassee even now.

Hey, thanks a lot QofQuimica. You made my decision much easier, it looks like I am going to spend another two years at FSU. In hindsight, the two years will probably go pretty quickly anyways. Thanks for all of your advice.

When did you start studying for MCATs? I am a sophomore going into my fourth semester, when would you suggest I start studying?

Hey, thanks a lot QofQuimica. You made my decision much easier, it looks like I am going to spend another two years at FSU. In hindsight, the two years will probably go pretty quickly anyways. Thanks for all of your advice.

When did you start studying for MCATs? I am a sophomore going into my fourth semester, when would you suggest I start studying?

I started in January of my junior year, but I took the April MCAT. Now that the schedule has changed for taking the MCAT, you'd have to judge when you are taking it verses your course load and how much you want to review!

Personally, I'd take four years in Tally over four *days* in Gainesville any time. At least Tally is a real city where grown-ups live...not counting the politicians, of course. ;)

I took the MCAT twice: once in college, and again a couple of years ago. (I am a nontraditional student.) The first time, I didn't really study all that much; I just got a book and went through it for a couple of months before the test. The second time, I did the Kaplan online course (mostly just bio and physics, since my PhD is in chemistry) and took five full-length practice tests. It took me about ten weeks to do that, not counting the two weeks we got postponed due to Hurricane Charley. :p I recommend that you set aside two or three months, depending on how much review you need. If you are going to be done with your pre-reqs after this semester, you might consider taking the MCAT this Aug. or Sept. (early, before your junior year) and spend this summer studying. Whatever you do, don't take the MCAT A) before you've finished all four pre-reqs, and B) during a semester when you are so loaded down with coursework that you don't have enough time to really study for it.

Best of luck to you. :)

Hypothetically speaking if any of you had to make a choice between University of Miami-Boca campus and USF-COM and tuition was not an issue what would you chose? Would love to hear your opinion.
Thanks

Hypothetically speaking if any of you had to make a choice between University of Miami-Boca campus and USF-COM and tuition was not an issue what would you chose? Would love to hear your opinion.
Thanks

No one has an opinion???

No one has an opinion???

Ha! I was just thinking about PMing you today. See the PM I'm going to send in a minute to know why. ;) :laugh: :laugh:

At any rate, the decision could be hard because of the fact that USF and Boca offer equal status in terms of what they have to offer and their programs being similar in terms of board scores, clinical training etc.

So the things I'd go on are the actual curriculum which is slightly different in the first 2 years. Look at the basic science curricula and see which you can see working better for you.

The second thing I'd look at is whether you'd rather be in a smaller student based population of only 1/3 the number of students at USF or whether you'd not mind that there are 120 students in your class.

Thirdly consider the living situation in terms of whether you could see yourself living in Boca or Tampa. Which is more feasable?

Personally, I'd take four years in Tally over four *days* in Gainesville any time. At least Tally is a real city where grown-ups live...not counting the politicians, of course. ;)

I took the MCAT twice: once in college, and again a couple of years ago. (I am a nontraditional student.) The first time, I didn't really study all that much; I just got a book and went through it for a couple of months before the test. The second time, I did the Kaplan online course (mostly just bio and physics, since my PhD is in chemistry) and took five full-length practice tests. It took me about ten weeks to do that, not counting the two weeks we got postponed due to Hurricane Charley. :p I recommend that you set aside two or three months, depending on how much review you need. If you are going to be done with your pre-reqs after this semester, you might consider taking the MCAT this Aug. or Sept. (early, before your junior year) and spend this summer studying. Whatever you do, don't take the MCAT A) before you've finished all four pre-reqs, and B) during a semester when you are so loaded down with coursework that you don't have enough time to really study for it.

Best of luck to you. :)

Well as much as I hate both Tally and Gville if the choice were mine I'd go with Gville any day cuz Tally is gross and dirty in comparison to Gville and I've been around both cities. Oh and Noles suck! However that would be for med school. If you already at a particular institution as I think Archer is, then stick it out there especially if you are doing well there.

Members don't see this ad :)

Archer,

I'd say that you should stay at FSU for the simple reason that where you go to undergrad won't really affect you that much if you've got that high of a GPA and an equally stellar MCAT and extracurricular profile. Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll get in one of the great fl. schools. The only way I could see it making any difference is if it was like Hopkins or some equally prestigioius school and even then I've known people who go to those kind of schools and gotten waitlisted. So take everything in perspective.

I already gave you mine. It hasn't changed since last week. ;)

I appreciate your comments Q. If it came to tuition my choice would be very clear but since I got a scholarship, it makes the whole thing more difficult. Now, I have to compare programs.

Pro: UF has two national championships in 12 months.

Everyone on this thread hates... but you knew it was coming.

I appreciate your comments Q. If it came to tuition my choice would be very clear but since I got a scholarship, it makes the whole thing more difficult. Now, I have to compare programs.
Go to the second looks, talk to students, sit in on classes. You have plenty of time to make your decision.

Thanks

Thing is, it's a very personal decision. What is a pro for one person could be a con for another. Like everyone said, take a second look at both schools. Think about the area and where you would like to live for a couple years. Think about the size and the academics (although both are similar). Just take a second look and you should get a gut feeling pulling you in one direction or another.

At any rate, the decision could be hard because of the fact that USF and Boca offer equal status in terms of what they have to offer and their programs being similar in terms of board scores, clinical training etc.

Unless USF has raised its average board scores to 230 this year, do not even think about claiming that the two programs are similar. Also, the clinical training will be different. Boca is employing four hospitals and using an integrated curriculum for third year. If you need more information, see this webpage. If anything, USF is more similar to the Miami campus in terms of scores and clinical opportunities.

Has anyone heard from a Florida school lately (USF or FSU in particular)...about an interview? Most schools seem to be giving interviews for mid to late Feb. now so I'm getting a little worried.:scared: Do you guys think that most medical school classes for the upcoming year are pretty much filled? or close to it?

I had an interview at FSU on the 5th, and Jamie, the admissions coordinator, told us this:
1. They have only interviewed ~170 of the 400+ they are planning on
2. They were waiting until after the 8th (the secondary deadline) to decide on the remainder of the interview schedule
3. They have only accepted ~70, with ~50 replying 'yes' and plan to offer acceptances to 240 to fill the class of 120
4. They don't reject anyone until after April, I believe, and they tend to accept people up until May 29th, which is the first day of their orientation.

Hope this helps relieve some of the anxiety

No one has an opinion???

Have you been invited to interview and/or accepted at USF??? If not, go where you are accepted - UM@Boca. If both options are on your table, I would say USF....from your profile, I see that you are older and if you are married or seriously involved with someone, I think reducing the headache of uprooting your lives may be worth staying in Tampa...you will make friends and have the excitement of staring on your dream, so you will be fine, but it is important that you already have a support network and life in Tampa...it would make it easier on your significant other. If it turns out you have to move for your residency, fellowship or beyond, then fine, but at least you bought a few more years of stability in medical school.

If all things really are equal for you (no human attachments, etc.) and it's just about the programs, I'd go with USF over Boca. Every new program is going to have hiccups and hurdles and as the inaugural class you will be the victim of these foibles. That being said, I am in South Florida and have a significant other to consider so I would go to Boca (not invited - not accepted) in a heartbeat, but not because of the program, only because of the location. I really loved USF and the vibe there - just a great program from top to bottom - and I would pick USF over Boca anyday if it they were both in South Florida.

Hi everyone! I have been spending some time away from SDN lately. recently I had an interview and an acceptance from FSU and am really excited about it. However, My top choice is USF (I currently attend USF for undergrad and will graduate this semester.) I gave USF a call today to check on my application and the guy I talked to was very nice. He pretty much told me that my MCAT score is not up to par but he will see what he can do. I got the impression though that my chances at USF are slim. He said that I was the perfect applicant for FSU and that FSU might just be the school for me. I found it a little upsetting just because I thought that I could at least get an interview at USF. My MCAT score is not bad, it just isnt great either, however I have an above average GPA. Should I just plan on FSU then and count USF out? Any words of encouragement from anybody?

Just for clarification: I really did like FSU and I know I will be very happy there. There are some other circumstances that would make USF a better choice for me. I am very happy with my acceptance to FSU but am just a little disappointed that I could not get an interview at USF.

I should know this but what is the tuition at USF?

Anyone have any idea how many interview invites USF still has to give out?

Hi everyone! I have been spending some time away from SDN lately. recently I had an interview and an acceptance from FSU and am really excited about it. However, My top choice is USF (I currently attend USF for undergrad and will graduate this semester.) I gave USF a call today to check on my application and the guy I talked to was very nice. He pretty much told me that my MCAT score is not up to par but he will see what he can do. I got the impression though that my chances at USF are slim. He said that I was the perfect applicant for FSU and that FSU might just be the school for me. I found it a little upsetting just because I thought that I could at least get an interview at USF. My MCAT score is not bad, it just isnt great either, however I have an above average GPA. Should I just plan on FSU then and count USF out? Any words of encouragement from anybody?

Just for clarification: I really did like FSU and I know I will be very happy there. There are some other circumstances that would make USF a better choice for me. I am very happy with my acceptance to FSU but am just a little disappointed that I could not get an interview at USF.

I have something to say on this topic. Knowing your MCAT score since you've told me, and knowing the MCAT scores of some of the current M2s at USF, I can tell you that you have a slightly higher score by 1-2 points then some of the current M2s I know. One of whom is in the top 10 percent of the class.

Mind you these few M2s that I know had very similar profiles to you but they did not interview til the last day of interview season so there's STILL HOPE!!!!

In other words, interview season is hardly over and there is still 4 weeks in February (4 interview dates), another 2-3 this month (Don't know if they are interviewing this Monday because of MLK being a natl holiday), and another at least 1-2 interview slots in March since they stop in mid March.

That means that there are at least a little less then 10 interview days and that number times however many interviewees they take. So the season is hardly over.

Secondly, back to my friends who had a slightly less MCAT score then yours that are now M2s. In at least 2 of those cases they interviewed very late into the interview season, one of whom interviewed the very last day of interview season. YET they got HIGH TIER waitlist while some people who interviewed at the beginning of the season got a lower tier waitlist.

This means that they were in a position in which they were eventually let in. So again I REITERATE, ITS NOT THE END OF THE SEASON YET! DON'T LOSE HOPE! Your score might not be the greatest score but it is not the worst place to be in and I'm sure there's still a shot if Mr. Larkin or whoever you spoke to said that they'll see what they can do that must mean that there's still a shot at getting an interview.

Although your profile is great from what I recall you saying before, I'd advise you to show your continual interest in the school by updating them with anything new whether its new grades or new extracurriculars etc. that you have done because sometimes those things may help in your favor. I don't know if LOI's (letters of intent) work at USF but sometimes that also helps.

Good luck and keep your chin up.

Anyone have any idea how many interview invites USF still has to give out?

They interview every Monday up until Mid March so that probably mounts to somewhere slightly under 10 interview dates left.

Some of t hose are just for waitlist positions, but waitlist is not necessarily a bad position if you are in the top half of the waitlist. See my post to soccer if you want more explanation.

Has anyone heard from a Florida school lately (USF or FSU in particular)...about an interview? Most schools seem to be giving interviews for mid to late Feb. now so I'm getting a little worried.:scared: Do you guys think that most medical school classes for the upcoming year are pretty much filled? or close to it?

No they are not filled just yet. Just as far back as 2 years ago, a friend of mine interviewed in January for USF med school and it was a late January or mid January interview when she interviewed and she got in right away. Another person who I knew that had interviewed a week before that same person got on high tier waitlist but that meant she eventually got in too.

See my previous two posts to get an idea of how interviews and waitlists blah blah blah work and your chances blah blah blah. I don't feel like retyping my response here.

Unless USF has raised its average board scores to 230 this year, do not even think about claiming that the two programs are similar. Also, the clinical training will be different. Boca is employing four hospitals and using an integrated curriculum for third year. If you need more information, see this webpage. If anything, USF is more similar to the Miami campus in terms of scores and clinical opportunities.

The last I had heard the board score averages at Umiami and USF were roughly 220 something or another from what Mr. Larkin had spoken. I don't know anything about the Boca board score averages being higher but if that is indeed true then I stand correct. However, my previous information on all this about board scores was to see that UF was the only school that I was aware of having it that high.

Also, are those averages for Boca alone or UMiami as a whole because I was not aware that they had given the data for both separate campuses? Again, if this is indeed true then I'll say that's impressive but its also new knowledge to me based on the information that I was told previously and these are things I was unaware of so do take my apology.

First, let me apologize. It is not my intention to make this whole thread about me. I sincerely sympathize with the applicants that have not received interviews or acceptances. Keep working hard and great things will happen and if I can chip in on anything I would love to.
I have a good problem right now, nevertheless it is still a problem. I am torn between the two programs. Initially, when I applied I had USF as top choice (never thought I would actually get invited so I thought it was a long shot, very long shot) and applied to the other schools because they were Florida schools. When I went to Boca I truly enjoyed the program, the people and the town. I thought that was going to be it. I had almost written USF off since I didn't get an invite and then got the invitation. In the meantime I got a full scholarship that would pay Miami or USF. If I had to pay for med school by myself it would be no doubt USF ($19/year) over Miami ($30/year).
I have some reservation regarding the Boca campus when it comes to the PBL curriculum. I am not sure that I want to be the first generation of students for the new curriculum. And I would like to sit in classes but the truth is that Boca is going to radically change their program next year so I am still comparing apples to oranges. This is one of those things I have to take by faith.
Thank you to any one that gave me their opinion.
By the way what are the USMLE Step 1 scores for USF and U of Miami-Boca?

The last I had heard the board score averages at Umiami and USF were roughly 220 something or another from what Mr. Larkin had spoken. I don't know anything about the Boca board score averages being higher but if that is indeed true then I stand correct. However, my previous information on all this about board scores was to see that UF was the only school that I was aware of having it that high.

Also, are those averages for Boca alone or UMiami as a whole because I was not aware that they had given the data for both separate campuses? Again, if this is indeed true then I'll say that's impressive but its also new knowledge to me based on the information that I was told previously and these are things I was unaware of so do take my apology.

Apparently the students at Boca scored 10 points higher than the Miami campus in the USMLE Step 1.

First, let me apologize. It is not my intention to make this whole thread about me. I sincerely sympathize with the applicants that have not received interviews or acceptances. Keep working hard and great things will happen and if I can chip in on anything I would love to.
I have a good problem right now, nevertheless it is still a problem. I am torn between the two programs. Initially, when I applied I had USF as top choice (never thought I would actually get invited so I thought it was a long shot, very long shot) and applied to the other schools because they were Florida schools. When I went to Boca I truly enjoyed the program, the people and the town. I thought that was going to be it. I had almost written USF off since I didn't get an invite and then got the invitation. In the meantime I got a full scholarship that would pay Miami or USF. If I had to pay for med school by myself it would be no doubt USF ($19/year) over Miami ($30/year).
I have some reservation regarding the Boca campus when it comes to the PBL curriculum. I am not sure that I want to be the first generation of students for the new curriculum.
Thank you to any one that gave me their opinion.
By the way what are the USMLE Step 1 scores for USF and U of Miami-Boca?

One thing I'll say about PBL.....

Yes it is new at Boca, but it is not a new phenomenon overall. Several schools have been implementing PBL very successfully across the nation including schools like HMS and their new pathway program or DO schools like LECOM-B. However, PBL isn't for everyone.

Some people learn better via actual lecture based traditional interactions while others learn better through small group based interactions that are involved in PBL programs. I don't know if Boca's program is going to be anything like LECOMs PBL program, but I know the former classmate of mine that came and spoke at USF this year about the PBL curricula at LECOM said that he was skeptical about it when he went but now he's actually very very happy that they are doing that rather then traditional lecture based methods of teaching because it has given them a bigger opportunity to apply the stuff from the first two years and start learning what the tests means to the point when went on rotations he found that he and other classmates were able to better understand what the doctors were doing when they went to their preceptorship. But again, that doesn't mean the traditional lecture based curricula of USF is a bad thing either because USF is truly one of few schools that really lets you get in there with preceptorship from the get go.

Apparently the students at Boca scored 10 points higher than the Miami campus in the USMLE Step 1.

Yeah as I said I stand corrected. I wasn't trying to argue or anything with deuist and told him that I stand corrected and didn't know this until he pointed it out just now. :p

*sigh* I just got rejected from SUNY Upstate. My first post-interview rejection, and damn it stings. I couldn't even get on a waitlist. IT was cold...

It is a SAD day for me. I got put on the HOLD list at FSU. It was my top choice. I felt pretty dumb hearing I had been put on hold. I got a 34N but have only a 3.35. Think the news will get any better? I hope so. I had my next four years planned... at least I thought.

I read the thread, your arguments, pretty silly, my favorite part is how you felt it necessary to leave out your game vs vanderbilt in your out of conference comparison, i love it, anyway like i said ill be back to hear your excuses after the championship, you clearly dont have your marbles in order, thats why you didnt even mention playing vanderbilt in that thread. BYE BYE

Freaking owned.

UF 41 - OSU 14
LSU 41 - ND 14
USC 32 - UM 18

Big Ten and Notre Dame (essentially a Big Ten team), sucks. End of discussion. You lose. Good day sir.

It is a SAD day for me. I got put on the HOLD list at FSU. It was my top choice. I felt pretty dumb hearing I had been put on hold. I got a 34N but have only a 3.35. Think the news will get any better? I hope so. I had my next four years planned... at least I thought.

Have you gotten any other acceptances? I'll keep you in my thoughts - hopefully you will get in!

I do not have any other acceptances.

I do not have any other acceptances.

Two things: Hold doesn't mean rejection. So keep your chin up and remember there's still hope.

Secondly, if you don't get in this year do a Special Masters Program. USF has a new one called the IMS degree. Deadline for application is February 23rd. I'm sure you could get into that and would consider doing it as a back up. If not that program do the one at BU or Georgetown or Drexel or any of the other schools that offer one of those programs.

Other schools with similar programs are Loyola, EVMS, Rosalind Franklin, and NJMS. There's a few others too but I can't think of names.

And if you are minority there's an additional 2-3 programs like that as well.

FSU itself has a postbac program for applicants who didn't get in. Talk to them about the program. I think it allows you to take some graduate level courses with the med students as well. PM me if you want to talk more about USF's program. Basically SMP programs are 1 year masters programs that allow you to take many of the courses that the first years take at the med school that it is administered through.

*sigh* I just got rejected from SUNY Upstate. My first post-interview rejection, and damn it stings. I couldn't even get on a waitlist. IT was cold...
Sorry, jessy. :(

laneyj34 said:
Are you on hold post-interview or pre-interview? If it's the former, I think you should update your file (new grades, new EC, new LOR, whatever you've got) and write them a letter reiterating your interest in the school. I don't know how FSU feels about letters of intent, where you promise to go there if they take you off the hold list, but PM one of the FSU students and ask them about this. Good luck. :luck:

Sorry, jessy. :(

Are you on hold post-interview or pre-interview? If it's the former, I think you should update your file (new grades, new EC, new LOR, whatever you've got) and write them a letter reiterating your interest in the school. I don't know how FSU feels about letters of intent, where you promise to go there if they take you off the hold list, but PM one of the FSU students and ask them about this. Good luck. :luck:

Updating your file may also help preinterview hold too in persuading them to give you an interview. But I don't know anything about how FSU is on these things whereas I know that USF allows for this sort of thing and it helped a friend of mine. so contacting the office of admissions there to find out about that might be the best bet. Good luck.

Jessy,

Sorry about the rejection.

Anyone complete late October and hear back from UM of USF?

Archer, I left FSU to attend the Junior Honors Medical Program at UF. I am not going to bash the program or UF. Nevertheless, as a fellow seminole, I feel obligated to tell you that I would NOT leave again if presented the chance to change the past. As a consequence, I must advise you to stay. If you want to know my reasons/rationale, feel free to PM me. I truly believe with all my heart that if one were to murder the MCAT with some decent activities and good recs, FSU can take one anywhere. Trust me. :thumbup:

P.S. The grass is always greener on the other side.

I am on hold post interview. Both interviewers told me I am what FSU is looking for, so I figured I would be accepted.

I already sent Jamie my updated grades, which brought the GPA up, though not a ton.

I have a job at Princeton Review and several LOR's I did not give them (because they only ask for three). Should I send the LOR's and tell them of the job?

Finally, who on SDN goes to FSUCOM? Where can I find that out?

Still no interviews for me at either USF/FSU. Anyone think I should not start to worry?

I am on hold post interview. Both interviewers told me I am what FSU is looking for, so I figured I would be accepted.

I already sent Jamie my updated grades, which brought the GPA up, though not a ton.

I have a job at Princeton Review and several LOR's I did not give them (because they only ask for three). Should I send the LOR's and tell them of the job?

Finally, who on SDN goes to FSUCOM? Where can I find that out?

I interviewed there and was accepted. I sent all of my LOR's even though I had 7 I think at this time. It can't hurt to have people saying how great you are ;) Inform them of your job. The more things you do the better. So send all of your LOR's and tell them of your job. These things will only help you!

jessy_erin and laneyj34 keep your heads up!!! just keep thinking positive!

We are in a similar situation. I have similar stats (33N and a 3.34), and haven't had any interview invites at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.