Who took it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neurosurg777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see who else took ck. Would like to share experiences.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh good that means then I definitely passed :) Actually I probably got a 99 since I'm the only one who took it and set the curve.

No, but really, I can't imagine that there is no one else on here that didn't recently take it.

Last edited:
Oh good that means then I definitely passed :) Actually I probably got a 99 since I'm the only one who took it and set the curve.

No, but really, I can't imagine that there is no one else on here that took it the same day.

Since you're the only one who took it that day, you can only get the USMLE average as not to disturb the curve for that day.

Since you're the only one who took it that day, you can only get the USMLE average as not to disturb the curve for that day.

I know. I was just kidding. Actually after the way my exam went I would gladly take the average.

I am still hoping to find someone who took it the same day to share the experience.

How is that particular day any different than the others? We have all shared the same experience, regardless of the day.

because the exam you took is not the same one i took. The questions are different. They don't give the exact same exam every day. There are different versions so I was hoping to find someone that took it the same day to compare experiences, like how hard they felt it was or if time management was a problem, etc. so that I can judge where I may stand.

Last edited:
because the exam you took is not the same one i took. The questions are different. They don't give the exact same exam every day. There are different versions so I was hoping to find someone that took it the same day to compare answer choices and all that to see what I got right, wrong and all that so that I can judge where I may stand.
I don't think that's how it works. Two people taking the USMLE on the same day will still have different exams.

You'll find out where you stand in a matter of weeks. Until then, just relax your mind over this exam.

I don't think that's how it works. Two people taking the USMLE on the same day will still have different exams.

You'll find out where you stand in a matter of weeks. Until then, just relax your mind over this exam.

Really? Then how do they get an avg. on a question if everybody that day doesn't do the same question? Or how do they avg. the exams that day if they are different? For example, if I had a harder exam and someone else had an easier one and I didn't do as well as they did, how can they compare since they didn't take the same exam at the same level of difficulty?

I know, I really am trying to relax but it's hard. I guess it's the control freak in me always trying to make sure every aspect is covered in order that nothing goes wrong.

My understanding is that the test rates the difficulty of its questions, and gives roughly the same distribution of difficulty (rather than the same questions altogether) from its question pool. And then there is probably a little bit of tweaking depending on how a test-takers perform over time.