Who reviews shelf exam scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ectopic_thought

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
other than your clerkship director...

and how much do shelf scores matter?

Members don't see this ad.

No one will know your shelf score (or even care about it!); they'll just know your clerkship grade

Our shelf exam scores are put into our Dean's Letter that is sent to all residency programs - although I am not sure how often they look at it!

Members don't see this ad :)
stw2361 said:
Our shelf exam scores are put into our Dean's Letter that is sent to all residency programs - although I am not sure how often they look at it!

wow. what school do you attend? (or what part of the country are you in if you don't want to say the school...)

shelf scores in the dean's letter? that's wild. i mean, of course i asked the question, but i didn't expect to hear that.

ectopic_thought said:
wow. what school do you attend? (or what part of the country are you in if you don't want to say the school...)

shelf scores in the dean's letter? that's wild. i mean, of course i asked the question, but i didn't expect to hear that.

I go to Univ of Louisville, and our deans letters give our shelf scores if we scored above 90th percentile or something like that. I would think that if you did well on a particular shelf then it may show up, guess it depends on your dean. just my experience tho