Who Provides Scrubs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentinStar

Reaction score
I am wondering...which schools provide you with scrubs, perhaps even with your name and graduating class embroidered on them? I've seen some people on insta who have embroidered scrubs by Figs or JAANU and can't help but doubt that schools would provide higher end brands for their students. Also, I know some classes have an assigned color--does that mean that the scrubs all have to be the same brand? Anyways, comment below how your school dresses you...I'm curious. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure it's similar for other schools but we're given the scrubs by the school and it's part of the cost of attendance. At the start of the year we had to take measurements and fill out an order form. We also get our name and class embroirdered on them.

After like 3 monthss of waiting, we finally got our scrubs. As for the quality, you are correct. It's dental school man. Expect them to give **** quality scrubs because people up top need to buy more yachts and country club memberships and can't afford to let that money go towards higher quality stuff for the students (lol). My school explicitly states in the handbook you're only permitted to wear the scrubs the school gives but I've seen some people get away with figs joggers.

Reactions: 1 users
I've seen some people on insta who have embroidered scrubs by Figs
Oh Figs...got to love their marketing machine. I mean who else has convinced broke a** medical and dental students that they need to pay $100 for what amounts to a set of glorified pajamas?

“But, look how amazing I’ll look posing for action shots! I’m gonna do so much influencing as an influencer, blue checkmark here I come!”

1643151487657.jpeg

Big Hoss

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My school did not give any scrubs, you had to buy on your own but you could buy whatever you wanted.

I know of another school where they assigned you colors, and you could buy whatever brand in that color. As far as embroidery, I'm not sure which schools require that, but know some students choose to pay extra (I believe it was 30-40$) to do it for themselves...not something I would do but some I know have done it.

Some of residents love having Dr.X, PERIO/ENDO/PEDS written on their scrubs...which is then covered by our gowns 😅

Reactions: 1 user
I am an introverted introvert and would not embroider anything ever. Pushing crappy scrubs for big bucks is the lowest of the low. I guess this should be a school selection criteria

Our school didn’t provide scrubs but had an assigned color, so we were free to buy our own (whatever brand we wanted). People wore all types of brands ranging from Walmart basic scrubs to embroidered Figs but most students at my school ended up splurging on “higher end” scrubs. Brand really doesn’t matter but I think buying comfortable scrubs (aka spending $70-80 on a pair for ““glorified pajamas””) that you’re going to wear for 40 hours a week for the next *FOUR* years of your life (& possibly beyond if you choose to wear scrubs in office) is definitely worth it. Definitely try on some different brands! Paying hundreds of thousands for tuition/fees & choosing to skimp out on the extra $150 for a comfortable set of 5 scrubs that you wear 24/7 really didn’t make sense (for me personally). Definitely think it was worth the investment for me & a lot of my classmates.
I do agree with this and there are plenty of great options beyond the very popular and expensive influencer-y type brands. My opinion is that on top of all the other things you have going on in your life, you want to at least look and feel good in your clothes haha