who makes UW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poloace

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
do you ever pause and think - 'wow - i'm totally trusting UW and i have NO idea who these people are.' ?

i bet they're some punks who dropped out of high school and just got a whole bunch of q/a books.... altered the questions a bit and created a site. not bad... not bad...

p

Members don't see this ad.

Whatever their methods...(and despite the grammar)...it worked for me!

My personal theory is that the poor English skills are a front, disguising the fact that by day, the UW writers are on question-writing committees for the USMLE, and have decided to nefariously make a large amount of extra cash with the UW "side-job".*

[*Not true at all, I'm sure, but no doubt more interesting than reality.]

Shane2150 said:
Whatever their methods...(and despite the grammar)...it worked for me!

My personal theory is that the poor English skills are a front, disguising the fact that by day, the UW writers are on question-writing committees for the USMLE, and have decided to nefariously make a large amount of extra cash with the UW "side-job".*

[*Not true at all, I'm sure, but no doubt more interesting than reality.]

gotta love the conspiracy theories :)

On their website they say that they are a group of I think 5 docs who all scored 2 digit 95+ on both step 1 and step 2. I'm not sure if they thought it meant 95th percentile or what but that is what they say.

I was told that UW was developed by a bunch of high-scoring IMGs who essentially remembered questions from old exams and generated a question bank from memory. That's probably why it seems so similar to the real thing.