Who can write my eLORs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clr12

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any information on who can/can't write a letter of recommendation. I worked at a vet clinic this year and got very close with one of the interns. She graduated from veterinary school in 2018 and I was wondering if I would be able to ask her for a letter of recommendation. I feel as though she would be able to attest to my passion and my willingness to help those around me. Would this be frowned upon? Would it be okay if she were a fourth letter of rec (I would already have 1 employer, 1 vet, 1 professor)?

Members don't see this ad.

An intern is a fully licensed DVM. Don't see why it would be frowned upon. No different than a new grad who went straight into regular practice IMO.

Reactions: 5 users
If you already have 3 other solid letters, I don’t see why not at all. She is a veterinarian! If you had to pick between a newly minted vet vs. very seasoned vet and they can both say equally good things about you, then the vet who has more umph in saying “this candidate is the strongest I have seen in X years of practice (or having worked with X00 prevets/vet students )” may be the better choice. But otherwise, anyone who is a veterinarian can attest to your readiness for vet school as well as your understanding of the profession.

Reactions: 1 user