Who are in line for 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolgal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi friends

Lets see how many of them are applying for this year 2012. Share your stats and where all you are applying. Both new and reapplicants can post here.

I' ll start

Part 1 83 :(
Gpa 4
toefl yet to give
5 months of work experience in home country.
applying to - ucsf, uop, usc,upenn, nyu.

I know my scores are really low, any suggestions welcome.

Hi Coolgal,

I too am applying this year. My stats are as follow:

Part 1: 89
GPA: 3.9
TOEFL: 107
MPH GPA: 3.93
3 years exp in home country
9 months DA experience in US
Volunteer and community work with some dental schools in US
Publication during my MPH work in a US peer review journal.

Let's see where that takes me. Everyone else please share your stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!! Will apply to UCSF, UOP, UCLA and UTHSCA

What are my chances of getting admission in any dental school
my stats is part1 84,
part2 75
gpa 3.11
toefl 114
observship 1.5 years
doing volunteer job
PLEASE tell me in which universities i should apply?

Apply to maximum universities..........don't waste money on boston,ucla,u mich,(NYU)with reservations......just a suggestion.

my stats is part1 84,
part2 75
gpa 3.11
toefl 114
observship 1.5 years
doing volunteer job

Last edited:
My stats-
NBDE - 87
Toefl - 113
ECE - 3.63
1 month observership ..thats it...
and 6 months work experience in home country... do i stand a chance with that score and no foreign work experience..?? am planning for UOP,UCSF if i can make it till deadline...and nyu boston and may be texas...

My stats-
NBDE - 87
Toefl - 113
ECE - 3.63
1 month observership ..thats it...
and 6 months work experience in home country... do i stand a chance with that score and no foreign work experience..?? am planning for UOP,UCSF if i can make it till deadline...and nyu boston and may be texas...

Hey bhavi4all,

you have a great profile, you don't need to worry about the deadline. You still have lots of time. I too didn't send my application out yet. Will be doing so in the next week. Deadline is not until August 12th for California school. Of course the earlier the better, but we are not that late yet, as long as its there by first 10 days of July, we should be OK :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks for the encouragement..but the problem is i havent submitted caapid yet..coz i havent got lor from dean..i ll get it by monday...and then i ll send everything for processing..and after that i ll be able to apply to schools...processing is gonna consume alot many days..so it ll be borderline case i think ..right?
Hey bhavi4all,

you have a great profile, you don't need to worry about the deadline. You still have lots of time. I too didn't send my application out yet. Will be doing so in the next week. Deadline is not until August 12th for California school. Of course the earlier the better, but we are not that late yet, as long as its there by first 10 days of July, we should be OK :D

Hey thanks for the encouragement..but the problem is i havent submitted caapid yet..coz i havent got lor from dean..i ll get it by monday...and then i ll send everything for processing..and after that i ll be able to apply to schools...processing is gonna consume alot many days..so it ll be borderline case i think ..right?

I'm still working on my SOP for CAAPID. Will try to send everything today too. I think CAAPID takes about 10 days to update and submit applications to schools. In the meanwhile, I'll get the other documents for each school ready. I'm thinking Cali school will have my documents by mid-July. That should be early enought, don't you think :)

I am giving my toefl tomorrow, haven't even started my caapid yet. I hope i 'll make it before the deadline :xf:

Do i have any chance for cali schools considering my low part 1 scores..

Don't worry, you will have time. I would advice you to start your caapid application and submit it now because it takes about 10-15 days for the schools tl receive it. You can always update it when your toefl scores come out later. Toefl scores are not required for submitting caapid application. Don't forget that Toefl scores take 2-3 weeks to come out them another 1-2 weeks for score report to get to schools. You will probably need to get everything ready now so that when you get toefl scores you can send them to schools quickly.

I know people who got into Cali schools with NBDE 1 score of 83 and 84. Just start now with the process. It is time consuming

Don't worry, you will have time. I would advice you to start your caapid application and submit it now because it takes about 10-15 days for the schools tl receive it. You can always update it when your toefl scores come out later. Toefl scores are not required for submitting caapid application. Don't forget that Toefl scores take 2-3 weeks to come out them another 1-2 weeks for score report to get to schools. You will probably need to get everything ready now so that when you get toefl scores you can send them to schools quickly.

I know people who got into Cali schools with NBDE 1 score of 83 and 84. Just start now with the process. It is time consuming

I second that advice on submitting the CAAPID application right now. You can make changes to TOEFL, NBDE-1,NBDE-2 scores anytime. Everything else cannot be changed.

Hey bhavi4all,

hi! I am new here. my stats-
NBDE1-91
toefl-97
ece-3.43
6 years dental experience in India, can u tell me about my chances of getting somewhere.

Thank you mpher83 and dignash.

Finally i m done with my toefl. I am staring my caapid today. I am really struck with my sop. I am having a very tough time with it. Do i even say my father is a doctor thats what inspired me. It seems to be a NO NO.
Anyways thanks for the info, i ll keep everything ready as soon as possible.

I don't see a problem with saying that. In fact I feel that it will be in your favor. I'd be straight forward and write whatever inspired me.

Fresh grad with
part 1-91
gpa-4.0
toefl-109

Did a certificated program from NYU
part time work during internship in india and now working full time as associate dentist..
Couple of presentations at conferences and university awards...

what do u say ppl?
i m applying to UCLA USC UOP and BU..maybe UPENN and UTHSCSA later

hey friends,
I need additional nbde part 1 score reports because i wana apply for UPenn but i am unable to get score reports from ada..what should i do?
How i can get additional reports because i wana send all my documents together..
plz reply..

hey friends,
I need additional nbde part 1 score reports because i wana apply for UPenn but i am unable to get score reports from ada..what should i do?
How i can get additional reports because i wana send all my documents together..
plz reply..

Hi.. you can order your NBDE Report to be delivered directly from ADA to U.Penn. That will save time in the report reaching you first and will also not delay the application. also You can add a note in the application packet abt the same that u have ordered for the report to be sent to their office. I think this should help you.....

Thnx a lot...
Hi.. you can order your NBDE Report to be delivered directly from ADA to U.Penn. That will save time in the report reaching you first and will also not delay the application. also You can add a note in the application packet abt the same that u have ordered for the report to be sent to their office. I think this should help you.....

Thnx a lot...

And for the time being attach just the xerox copy of the report. So they have something to begin with. You still have to request ADA for official report to be sent to U Penn.

I am all over this forum today and doing nothing but asking questions...aurite for upenn ... its written there "you MAY "send nbde and toefl orignal sealed documents along with application ..but can i actually make the ada and ets agencies to directly send the documents??? it would save time...and if yes... then dingash where do i attach the note that you are saying ??? about orignals being on the way ???
And for the time being attach just the xerox copy of the report. So they have something to begin with. You still have to request ADA for official report to be sent to U Penn.

I am all over this forum today and doing nothing but asking questions...aurite for upenn ... its written there "you MAY "send nbde and toefl orignal sealed documents along with application ..but can i actually make the ada and ets agencies to directly send the documents??? it would save time...and if yes... then dingash where do i attach the note that you are saying ??? about orignals being on the way ???

Yes, for you U penn you can do either way...as long as they are sealed you can send from yourself...or request directly...
About the note...this is not what they asked...or what i read or whatever..I just prefer to send a xerox copy whereever i apply ...because just in case if my report doesn;t get there in time...they atleast have a copy....on the coversheet...i just write a note...that enclosed is copy of NBDE score report -- "Official has been requested through ADA"

I am new here too-NBDE part 1-83 :(NBDE part 2-83TOEFL-1086-7months of work experience(non-US)no US experience no publicationsCan you think of any school for me.I missed the dealine to LLU.I am a first time applicant..n everything seems a mess...GOD HELP!! hehe

hey guys, i have sent my application to ucsf, but they haven't received my nbde score report till now, which i had directly ordered through ada to ucsf. i am pretty sure i ordered at the correct address, but it doesnt seem to have reached them. what do i do?

hey guys, i have sent my application to ucsf, but they haven't received my nbde score report till now, which i had directly ordered through ada to ucsf. i am pretty sure i ordered at the correct address, but it doesnt seem to have reached them. what do i do?

How long it has been since your ordered? It could take upto 14-15 days.
You can always call them, give them the confirmation id and check what exact date it was dispatched in the mail on.

How long it has been since your ordered? It could take upto 14-15 days.
You can always call them, give them the confirmation id and check what exact date it was dispatched in the mail on.
Thanks! It got delivered.

hi everyone, can you please tell me if i can send application to individual schools even if my caapid application is yet to be processed and all?? like i submitted the caapid application on 30 june and lor/ece the same day ..but it will take some time to reach it and then get processed and hence the update...so meanwhile should i send out application to individual schools??
thank you for your kind replies.. :)

I think we can do this mate!! i mean this is what i am planning to do.. i sent my caapid on 3rd or 4th i dont remember..and i am already trying to complete my supplemental documents..and once the packets are ready , am gonna mail them regardless of status of caapid... but still if anyone has a better opinion , tell us...
hi everyone, can you please tell me if i can send application to individual schools even if my caapid application is yet to be processed and all?? like i submitted the caapid application on 30 june and lor/ece the same day ..but it will take some time to reach it and then get processed and hence the update...so meanwhile should i send out application to individual schools??

yes certainly.... go ahead . i did the same. as soon as caapid would update your other things, they would mail the application to schools as well.... why waiting?

my stats is part1 84,
part2 75
gpa 3.11
toefl 114
observship 1.5 years
doing volunteer job

Hey there.
my NVDE score and GPA also kind of yours....but Toefl is killing me....i have taken it 3 times but the max i got was only 87...any suggestion to prepare for it? i m really tired of it....please help me..

Hey there.
my NVDE score and GPA also kind of yours....but Toefl is killing me....i have taken it 3 times but the max i got was only 87...any suggestion to prepare for it? i m really tired of it....please help me..
hi prats,
do as much mock test as possible. there r some online test u try and it will help to get good scores in the actual exam. hope this helps.

Hi,
Part1 81
Part2 - 77
GPA - 2.9
6 YEARS of teaching exp and private practise exp in home country
DA exp - 1year
Joined research for short time
Observership

Applying first time. Please let me know if I have chances? which schools should I apply. I am really thinking if I should try or do some master's and then try. Please help me out.

hi prats,
do as much mock test as possible. there r some online test u try and it will help to get good scores in the actual exam. hope this helps.

how and where do i find MOCK test? please help