White Coat Sizing???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Your Name Here

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hope the above poster answered your question. I just wanted to chime in that I'm not a fan of med/dental schools holding white coat ceremonies prior to the first year. What have we accomplished? Nothing. That coat will mean nothing to you relative to what it could mean later. Plus what about all of the burn-outs who get coats and drop out of school?

At my school you don't get your white coat till prior to third year, right after you pass your boards and right before you enter the clinic full-time treating patients. Makes more sense to me, but I guess each school has their ways.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hope the above poster answered your question. I just wanted to chime in that I'm not a fan of med/dental schools holding white coat ceremonies prior to the first year. What have we accomplished? Nothing. That coat will mean nothing to you relative to what it could mean later. Plus what about all of the burn-outs who get coats and drop out of school?

At my school you don't get your white coat till prior to third year, right after you pass your boards and right before you enter the clinic full-time treating patients. Makes more sense to me, but I guess each school has their ways.
Meh. It's a coat, not a degree.

To the OP: most girls your size in school wore XS

Yeah. It's kind of fun for family to see as you kick off this journey. But I also see the symbolism in being coated as you enter clinic. But whatever. As long as I don't have to buy my own coat (translation: it's buried in my tuition), I don't care when I get it.