White Coat Ceremony

hokiefanx5

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

My hubby is finishing his first block of DO school.:laugh: His white coat ceremony is coming up and family is coming up for it. What do we do? Do we do something special may be cake or something. And any qift suggestions.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

What's your price range? Would it just be for you guys or for the fam too? I've spent almost a decade in the NRV so I know a lot of vacays, hikes, getaways etc if that's what you're into. Either that or a very functional gift. nice stethoscope or something?

My family ate dinner with me for white coat ceremony. Something simple is good, nothing too extravagant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for all the suggestions. I was told not to buy a stethoscope because he might like to pick out one based on their speciality? But that is a good idea. Where should I go or do I buy it online? WhtsThFrequency are you still in the NRV area? My hubby is at VCOM.

Nope, I'm a veterinarian. I went to VMRCVM (Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine - but such a long name many people just call it the VT vet school, hah). It's right on the edge of campus.

Hey All,

My hubby is finishing his first block of DO school.:laugh: His white coat ceremony is coming up and family is coming up for it. What do we do? Do we do something special may be cake or something. And any qift suggestions.

Thank you

Be careful about stethoscopes. Some are not allowed for standardized clinical skills testing (mostly electronic stethoscopes, but I don't know if there are other limitations) and some may send an unintended social message. I've been told by a few docs that if a student has a more advanced stethoscope, like master cardio, he will be made fun of. You would definitely want to avoid getting a sub-par stethoscope. Point is, a stethoscope is a very nice, very thoughtful gift, but there are a lot of potential pitfalls to watch out for. If you want to get him a stethoscope, this is what most med students use: http://www.medisave.net/littmann-cardiology-iii-stethoscope-black-3128.html

I know a vet student that said people who got wilder colors on their stethoscope got made fun of, but I've never heard that in human medicine.

Be careful about stethoscopes. Some are not allowed for standardized clinical skills testing (mostly electronic stethoscopes, but I don't know if there are other limitations) and some may send an unintended social message. I've been told by a few docs that if a student has a more advanced stethoscope, like master cardio, he will be made fun of. You would definitely want to avoid getting a sub-par stethoscope. Point is, a stethoscope is a very nice, very thoughtful gift, but there are a lot of potential pitfalls to watch out for. If you want to get him a stethoscope, this is what most med students use: http://www.medisave.net/littmann-cardiology-iii-stethoscope-black-3128.html

I know a vet student that said people who got wilder colors on their stethoscope got made fun of, but I've never heard that in human medicine.

I honestly can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey All,

Thank you
Alcohol. He's gonna need it.

Reactions: 1 users