Which Would You Do?

Solomon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school is offering an option to graduate from high school with either a Pharmacy Tech or a preparation for a CNA. I like both of these options but can only choose one. I need some insight. Here are the pros that i see:

Pharmacy Tech:
Immediate ability to work after i get out of High School (Can work while I'm in college)
The Class is a lot less tougher than the CNA Class will be
The Pharm. Tech class if funded by the school (I will not have to pay for this test or books)

CNA Class:
Will get about 200+ Hours to document with Direct Patient Care
I enjoy Patient Care
Would Get to Volunteer at a Hospital
Would get to volunteer during the Summer

I plan on becoming an Internal Medicine Doctor, so i think the CNA class would be a I like both of these option, so it's not a matter of interest.

Any amount of input will be appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

In terms of medical school admissions, I personally like the CNA option more also. I just think it would offer much more clinical experience so they would like it more, and from what you said it seems like you'd like it more..

But in terms of just money, I would probably take the pharmacy tech. Free chance to learn how to do that and you can easily make some money to pay off undergrad. Hope that helped a little, probably not though ;)

At first glance, pharmacy tech sounds boring, but I actually don't have that much of a problem with boring jobs. Personally, I would probably pick tech over CNA because I'd be able to work sooner and the course would be no cost to me. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry as much about interaction.

You obviously prefer the CNA position though, so I'd say go for it.

What kind of fancy schools do you guys go to where you get to graduate with career certificates and take every class in AP/IB/XYZLMNOP? Do you also eat gourmet lunches? : P

Members don't see this ad :)
the best my school has is CNA/EKG classes.. I thought that was a standard, seeing how we're just a normal high school.. Not like ranked on US News lol

the best my school has is CNA/EKG classes.. I thought that was a standard, seeing how we're just a normal high school.. Not like ranked on US News lol

My school is on the top 4% of US News high schools. We only have AP and CP classes...

As for lunch.... usually just pizza or a hamburger.

Thanks for all the opinions! I got a few weeks to decide, so I'll see how it goes.

At first glance, pharmacy tech sounds boring, but I actually don't have that much of a problem with boring jobs. Personally, I would probably pick tech over CNA because I'd be able to work sooner and the course would be no cost to me. Plus, I wouldn't have to worry as much about interaction.

You obviously prefer the CNA position though, so I'd say go for it.

What kind of fancy schools do you guys go to where you get to graduate with career certificates and take every class in AP/IB/XYZLMNOP? Do you also eat gourmet lunches? : P

Haha, Believe it or not, my school is called "City of Medicine Academy". Everything there (except the students) are really sophisticated. We even get to take home MacBooks everyday! It's really cool. Our lunches though......ehhh :D

My school is on the top 4% of US News high schools. We only have AP and CP classes...

As for lunch.... usually just pizza or a hamburger.

Nice. My school is still new, so we're unranked. But we have a lot of Medical Type classes as well as AP Classes.

Speaking from experience, a pharm tech is going to look much better and likely provide you with a better experience than a CNA regardless of what profession you end up going in to. CNAs basically clean bedpans and make beds all day. It really is not very rewarding.