Which Uworld internal med questions for surgery?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abelabbot

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For surgery clerkship, I will do uworld surgery questions…in addition i've read that some students do uworld internal medicine questions for the surgery shelf…which internal med questions should we use for surgery shelf?

GI? Electurolytes? Hepatology?

Is uworld enough for surgery shelf or should i get pretest?

Members don't see this ad.

The surgery shelf from what I remember was like taking an Internal Medicine shelf with a small bit of surgery (~fever 2 days s/p lap cholie). I would make sure you have surgery down and depending on how much time you have work on all of internal medicine questions (except maybe preventive medicine) as anything really shows up. I liked the MKSAP questions for internal medicine shelf/surgery shelf studying.

GI? [Electrolytes]? Hepatology?
These are the 3 Uworld medicine subjects I rec people going through for the surgery shelf. See my other recent post in this forum for other questions - not pretest, USMLE Rx and Kaplan for more questions. I honestly think that Uworld was not enough to do (very) well for the surgery shelf (Step 2 it was definitely sufficient).