Which US med school accepts international students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ijustwantdownloadpicture

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I'm newbee here. I'm from Russa. We have got a bit different system of medical education at our country. At US this system looks like School --> College --> Med School --> Residency. But at Russia this is looks like School --> Med school --> Residency. Yep, after school we immediately go into university( but the process of education takes 6 years not 4 like in US med schools) This is the main contrast between US and Russia med schools.

And here it is my story: I have just finished school and I'm gonna enter the med school in Russa. When i finished it I'm planning to apply at US med school. So I wanna know: Is there any list of US med school which accepts international students?
For examle: i looked at the site of Baylor college of medicine and here what i saw

So as you can see at BCM international student must complete undergraduate trainigs at an accredited US college. Obviously our universities haven't gor US accreditation. And when i finished med school at Russia(spending 6 years) I have to go to college?!

So the main question is - Is there any list of US med school which accepts international students and which documents are needed to apply?
I know about MCAT exam and ready to pass it but also i heard about GPA. Am i have to pass it or not? I totally confused. Please help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I'm newbee here. I'm from Russa. We have got a bit different system of medical education at our country. At US this system looks like School --> College --> Med School --> Residency. But at Russia this is looks like School --> Med school --> Residency. Yep, after school we immediately go into university( but the process of education takes 6 years not 4 like in US med schools) This is the main contrast between US and Russia med schools.

And here it is my story: I have just finished school and I'm gonna enter the med school in Russa. When i finished it I'm planning to apply at US med school. So I wanna know: Is there any list of US med school which accepts international students?
For examle: i looked at the site of Baylor college of medicine and here what i saw

So as you can see at BCM international student must complete undergraduate trainigs at an accredited US college. Obviously our universities haven't gor US accreditation. And when i finished med school at Russia(spending 6 years) I have to go to college?!

So the main question is - Is there any list of US med school which accepts international students and which documents are needed to apply?
I know about MCAT exam and ready to pass it but also i heard about GPA. Am i have to pass it or not? I totally confused. Please help!
An alternative path to practicing medicine in the USA would be to complete medical school in Russia, then apply for residency programs in the USA. You would have to pass the USMLE exams I & II with very high scores and an English proficiency exam. To look more appealing, you might even go ahead and complete a residency in your home country. This latter would also be a good backup plan against the chance that you'd never match to a US residency program.

An alternative path to practicing medicine in the USA would be to complete medical school in Russia, then apply for residency programs in the USA. You would have to pass the USMLE exams I & II with very high scores and an English proficiency exam. To look more appealing, you might even go ahead and complete a residency in your home country. This latter would also be a good backup plan against the chance that you'd never match to a US residency program.
I thought about this way but at 2023 our Universities will be go through international accreditation. And there is a big chance that it wont be accreditated. This means that on ESFMG our universities disappears from the list of accreditated schools. So that means that if I wanted to be a US doctor i have to go to college again after 6 years of studying. So the hard of USMLE is just the tip of the iceberg)