which uni ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ibrahamood

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi ..

Basically i want to know which uni should i get into RCSI or NUIG i want to study medicine and hopefully be a surgeon , what's the better school

Also if i had the chance to get into Trinity should i take it ???

Members don't see this ad.

what are your goals? what country do you want to practice medicine in?

what are your goals? what country do you want to practice medicine in?

I want to practice back home in saudi arabia in the middle east

And i haven't set much of a goal other than getting in a uni for now , a great one

Members don't see this ad :)

And i haven't set much of a goal other than getting in a uni for now , a great one
then any of Irish medical schools would do. No difference among them.

Still , one of them is bound to give a better experience, which one is harder to get into ??

If you ask local Irish students its Trinity, with caveat that teaching is not necessarily better. For internationals there really is no difference.

Hi ..

Basically i want to know which uni should i get into RCSI or NUIG i want to study medicine and hopefully be a surgeon , what's the better school

Also if i had the chance to get into Trinity should i take it ???

Edit: nevermind, misread above post.

Last edited:
Trinity is the only school with a significantly lower match rate in 2015 (4/11 in Canada and 3/13 in the States). Not really sure what happened that year but, I would wait and see if they rebound from that. The rest of the Irish schools are pretty much equal.
OP is Saudi, I dont think they care about those match rates lol. Maybe the US one, but doubtful if they want to go back to saudi

I believe the Saudi government sponsors students to go to RCSI; they cover tuition and give you a monthly sum to live off of if you are a Saudi citizen and sign a contract to practice medicine in Saudi once you graduate. Haven't heard of other schools doing this, definitely something you should look into on your end in Saudi Arabia.