Which Undergrad is the Best for me?

Miggs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a HS senior and I have applied to all of my schools and am now waiting for acceptence letters and financial packages. As of right now I have been accepted into Pitt-main campus, University at Buffalo, University at Albany (SUNY), I am hopeing I will be admitted to Syracuse University, and Northeastern U. I was wonodering which pre med program would be the best, taking cost into consideration because I am a New Yorker. Any insight is apreciated, and obviously I will wait for everything before I make a decision, I like to hear what others have to say.

Members don't see this ad.

Out of the colleges you have been accepted to, which one do you like the best?

They all seem like great schools. In terms of whether one is better over the others in terms of pre-med, I'll leave that to anyone who has a better idea than I do. Just make sure that you're not going there ONLY because it is a better pre-med school.

I'm kinda partial towards Syracuse because of basketball, but ultimately this is your decision. No one here knows you well enough or knows each college on your list well enough to make that decision for you. Rank them in order of which school you would like to go to the most, and then try to justify the cost of each one.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am currently a HS senior and I have applied to all of my schools and am now waiting for acceptence letters and financial packages. As of right now I have been accepted into Pitt-main campus, University at Buffalo, University at Albany (SUNY), I am hopeing I will be admitted to Syracuse University, and Northeastern U. I was wonodering which pre med program would be the best, taking cost into consideration because I am a New Yorker. Any insight is apreciated, and obviously I will wait for everything before I make a decision, I like to hear what others have to say.

What were your stats??? GPA and SAT's???? If I were you I'd go Pitt if you were comfortable going out of state for college. Also the medical schools nearby and research opportunity is great. Really solid school if you want to do pre med, pharm, or anything health related as an undergraduate.

Well I have been accepted to all but Syracuse and Northeastern and I am waiting for those letters. But I do have my own opinions on the schools but I like to get unbiased looks as well from the knowledgeable people of SDN lol. I am leaning towards Pittsburgh because of the urban campus and the immense amount of resources that surround the campus ie. UPMC. But the SUNY schools are cheaper, and Syracuse is close to home and many members of my family are alum there with some pull. But I think it would be a good experience to live in a city (coming from a more rural setting) also in another state where I would be forced to see new people.