Which undergrad is best fit for me??? pre-med

pbjelly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Lets say that money is not an issue here and i get accepted into all of the following college, which is best for me. I am smart but im not that smart, above average but not enough for me to find college easy (ranked 87 out of 224 ,gpa 3.74). I want to go to a good college but if that means barely getting a 3.1 average than i dont want to go there. The colleges are LIU at C.W. Post , NYIT , Hofstra , Adelphi , St. Johns , SUNY Stony Brook , Fordham , and NYU. Any information would be useful but i dont really want to hear opinion as much as i do fact. Like first hand experience or knowledge not just what us news rankings would tell me. For example i know that NYU is probably the best college up there but it may not be the best fit for me since its quite difficult. I also want a place that has a good campus, someplace i would actually like to go for the next four years of my life, or 8 if it has a med school. THANKS !

Members don't see this ad.

well that's a tough question since you're probably not going to be able to talk to somebody that has gone to all those places and is therefore able to compare them.

i think your best bet is to go visit, try and get a feel for a few of your favorites

Members don't see this ad :)
NYU is hardcore competitive for premed. If I were you I'd look into smaller colleges in New York, Like Vassar, Elmira, and your state schools like SUNY Buffalo.
I personally think you should always opt for a smaller liberal college, you'll get a good scholarship and have an easier chance at A's. But if that is not possible then opt for a mid level university SUNY, you'll have the curve working relatively in your favor. At NYU your chances of doing very well and getting a high GPA will be a lot less than at a liberal arts college or your state school.

CUNY is a good alternative. I've known a few students (MD/PhD) who went there for undergrad. They enjoyed their time at CUNY and seemed to be well-prepared for medical school...