Which schools have gotten rid of AOA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ForHumors

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys know which schools have done away with AOA? I've heard of Harvard and Vandy, any other ones?

Members don't see this ad.

You can find a list of schools with AOA programs here. Vandy still seems to have AOA. I believe that for established schools, only Yale, Harvard, Stanford and Mayo do not have AOA. Some new schools, like Quinnipiac, have not established AOA.

Last edited:
You can find a list of schools with AOA programs here. Vandy still seems to have AOA. I believe that for established schools, only Yale, Harvard, Stanford and Mayo do not have AOA. Some new schools, like Quinnipaic have not established AOA.
That list might be a little misleading. I wonder how many schools do as Sinai do (emphasis mine):

Effective Spring of 2018, we have discontinued our participation in student selections for AOA. We will continue to maintain an active AOA chapter, allowing students to nominate housestaff and faculty to AOA, as well as compete for grants that have historically supported student research and service projects.
Source: e-mail sent to the entire medical school in May.

Reactions: 1 user