Which schools allow grade replacements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bio_student95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apparently optomcas doesn't count the higher grade even if it was retaken at the same institution. They told me I would have to reach out individually to all the schools to see if they allow grade replacements. If you know of any schools, please list them below!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think it's up to each optometry school, rather, to each undergrad institution? I think if the undergrad counts both grades, then that is what will be reflected in OptomCAS (or if it's not, then the higher grade will only be counted).

I don't think it's up to each optometry school, rather, to each undergrad institution? I think if the undergrad counts both grades, then that is what will be reflected in OptomCAS (or if it's not, then the higher grade will only be counted).
No, even if your undergrad institution take the higher grade, that does not mean optometry schools will. They have their own policies.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, even if your undergrad institution take the higher grade, that does not mean optometry schools will. They have their own policies.
Got it. I gave my answer because I inquired this with an OD school and they said that they use OptomCAS provided GPAs, only, so it's whatever the undergrad institution provides on their transcript--if both grades are on there, then both get factored, and if only one grade is there (i.e., replaced the other) then only the higher grade gets factored.

Reactions: 1 user
Got it. I gave my answer because I inquired this with an OD school and they said that they use OptomCAS provided GPAs, only, so it's whatever the undergrad institution provides on their transcript--if both grades are on there, then both get factored, and if only one grade is there (i.e., replaced the other) then only the higher grade gets factored.
Which school did you speak with?