Which schools accept the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teefRcool

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i just took the DAT got a 17 overall, 20 science average and a 17 PAT. My gpa is 3.4ish and sci 3.2ish what are my chances of getting in? Also would you guys mind listing the schools that accept the DAT thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

They are becoming few and far between. You have until Janurary to apply to CPMS (Iowa).

teefRcool,

You should have no problem with your scores. I do know that dmu is getting more and more competitive. Our class had some pretty darn good scores coming in.My advice if you want to go to Dmu would be to apply early. Good luck on your interviews.
Later

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you applying to dental school too? Seems to me you're more interested in dentisty :p

actually, i was interested in dentistry before but I shadowed 2 pods and i loved it way more than dental. One factor in dental that i really turned me the other direction was back and neck problems that the dentists i was shadowing and they all kept complaining about it and i realized its not the thing for me. Other factors too but thta was one of the biggest reasons.

anyone have a list of which schools accept the DAT?

Don't all dental schools accept the DATs??

Ohhh oops wrong forum, thought I was in the predental forum :D

I'm no expert (being a predent) but check out the school in new york, they accept the DAT.

Many of the schools are moving away from accepting the DAT (for obvious reasons); that is why I would contact the schools.

So far from what I've heard, California, DMU, AZPOD will only accept the MCATs starting Jan 2007 but you should call to double check with the other schools.

So far from what I've heard, California, DMU, AZPOD will only accept the MCATs starting Jan 2007 but you should call to double check with the other schools.

i'm gonna call monday but just for now so would i be ok since i took the DAT and am applying this month would i be good to go?

thanks guys really appreciate it you guys hae been a big help

Hello,

The Ohio school also excepts the DAT score. As ong as you receive a score within the 60th percentile.

i'm gonna call monday but just for now so would i be ok since i took the DAT and am applying this month would i be good to go?

thanks guys really appreciate it you guys hae been a big help

You'll be ok as long as you submit it before the new policies take place. I took the DATs too. For me, I found it much better than the MCATs or GREs, (21AA, 22TS, 25 PAT). I heard they don't really look at the PAT section but I thought it was just fun to do. Just apply early! I have yet to submit mine but will submit after my last final tomorrow =( Damn summer classes! Back to studying!