which school is easier to enter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamcylee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which school is easier to enter? NYU, Nova, or others?

Members don't see this ad.

Howard only takes minorities, right? I'm a minority, but I didn't apply their because my stats are good enough for most schools.

All dental schools are tough to gain admission. Based on my experience last year, schools like Arizona, UNC, Pacific, Nova, Kentucky, and Harvard were difficult to get into.

Members don't see this ad :)
Howard only takes minorities? doesn't that include everyone except for caucasians?

is howard really an "easy" school to get into? From stats, it seems that way.

easiest ones to get into have to be the really lousy schools, like uconn harvard etc., that's why i didn't bother applying there

platinumcaps said:
Howard only takes minorities? doesn't that include everyone except for caucasians?

is howard really an "easy" school to get into? From stats, it seems that way.
Asians are not miniorities as well in the academic setting.

Howard:
STATISTICS ON FALL 2004 CLASS

- The average age ranged from 21 to 24

- 55% are females
- 78% are underrepresented minorities (not white and probably not asian)
- Class size: 83
- Average GPA: 3.04
- Average DAT Total Science: 15 (<50th percentile!?!?!?)
- National Board Results: Average passing score Part I 80% and Part II 83% (national average is like 85%?!?!?)

Average Passing? That means that only the passing scores were averaged into their average. I wonder what it would be if they actually included all the scores not just the ones that were passing grades.
:confused:
WOW

meharry w/ avg. dat of 15, any meharry student on these forums?

oldboy said:
Howard:
STATISTICS ON FALL 2004 CLASS

- The average age ranged from 21 to 24

- 55% are females
- 78% are underrepresented minorities (not white and probably not asian)
- Class size: 83
- Average GPA: 3.04
- Average DAT Total Science: 15 (<50th percentile!?!?!?)
- National Board Results: Average passing score Part I 80% and Part II 83% (national average is like 85%?!?!?)

Average Passing? That means that only the passing scores were averaged into their average. I wonder what it would be if they actually included all the scores not just the ones that were passing grades.
:confused:
WOW

and yet i got rejected by them w/ a 21/21/16 last year..

iamcylee said:
which school is easier to enter? NYU, Nova, or others?

No school is easy to get into. Including Howard. There are 83 seats at Howard and I'm sure they had 1000 applications for them.

I know it strikes many that Howard's stats are low, but Howard is on a mission to find minorities who haven't had an easy upbringing and turn them into professionals. Its not a school for 99% of white kids. Howard is completely different in philosophy than most dental schools. If you go to Howard, I've been told its what you make of your time there. If you work hard, you'll learn science and dentistry and pass your boards and if you don't then you fail them and you retake them and become a dentist. I think Howard could care less about what the outside world thinks of it. Scores are not everything in this world.

vaio said:
you were over-qualified :p

i doubt it.. they probably have preference for other minorities.. (asians aren't considered minorities anymore)

food4thots said:
i doubt it.. they probably have preference for other minorities.. (asians aren't considered minorities anymore)
I dont think asians were ever considered miniorities in an academic setting honestly.