Which school in TX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HighHeels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I only got into El Paso, Houston, Lubbock, and A&M. I do not anticipate getting in anywhere else because I did not interview elsewhere yet.

Which school is the easiest? I come from not so strong numbers so I know UTSW would eat me alive which is why its ok that I did not get invited there. A school like UTSW might be bad for me.

Members don't see this ad.

I only got into El Paso, Houston, Lubbock, and A&M. I do not anticipate getting in anywhere else because I did not interview elsewhere yet.

Which school is the easiest? I come from not so strong numbers so I know UTSW would eat me alive which is why its ok that I did not get invited there. A school like UTSW might be bad for me.

Medical school is going to be a great challenge regardless of where you go. This mentality that you should go where it is 'easiest' is very weak for somebody that is expected to make tough decisions and be a leader. If you have received multiple acceptances, then you must be bright, or shown great potential to be a medical student and future physician. Go where you feel most comfortable. All the Texas schools are great.

+1 for going where you'd be happiest.

Personally, I'd pick the school based on where you want to live. Also consider differences in curriculum (PBL vs more traditional) and the clinical opportunities.

All Texas medical schools are great and you'll get a fine education wherever you decide.

Members don't see this ad :)

Easiest?

Um. You are such a gunner. But I loved El-Paso when I interviewed.

I'm afraid that I'll fail out. I was so happy and so strong going in...now i feel like this confidence drop idk why. I think it is partly because I see people who come from top schools interviewing with me and i went to ut-dallas which is just a state school that i went to because it was close to home.

I'm afraid that I'll fail out. I was so happy and so strong going in...now i feel like this confidence drop idk why. I think it is partly because I see people who come from top schools interviewing with me and i went to ut-dallas which is just a state school that i went to because it was close to home.

Who cares where you come from? I took my science classes at Harvard and Tufts, even though I was a student at a music college. I went in with the attitude that I belonged there and that I could succeed, and it worked out well. All you need is confidence!

Well, the admissions committees evidently thought you could handle the rigors of medical school, otherwise they wouldn't have accepted you in the first place. Have some confidence in yourself!

well, the admissions committees evidently thought you could handle the rigors of medical school, otherwise they wouldn't have accepted you in the first place. Have some confidence in yourself!

+1

I'd choose Houston, mainly because I would prefer to live in H-Town over any other city in TX. Although I loved TTech-Lubbock when I interviewed. Scott and White is amazing too, but I don't think I could live in Temple without being absolutely miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.