Which review book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killerpenguin21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think its time i order one...

i cant decided between the kaplan and apha. my roomate ahs botha nd ive scanned through both. the apha looks much more up to date, ut kaplan looks waaaay easier to read.

i have also heard that the apha book has a lot of errors in it.

which would you recommend?

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with you the Kaplan is much easier to read than the APHA but often time, I heard people who passed the Naplex (and the CPJE) by reading the APHA alone not the Kaplan (alone). In my opinion, the APha build a strong foundation for your knowledges while the Kaplan will reinstate that knowledge by emphasizing on the significant details. As you know, the Naplex is a CAT (computer Adaptive Test). If you do well w/ all the basics they'll reward you with a harder questions but if you don't know the basics you'll probably "never" see the trickier ones. So the key words here are "Minimum Competency", I don't think it's that significant if you passed with 130 or 75 b/c you won't see those numbers in your license anyway.

I have both books. I got the APHA for free b/c I'm a member. I got the Kaplan also for free from the Pharmacist I work with. He got it from Walgreens for free when he signed with them. I heard Walgreens pays for your Kaplan book and the Kaplan's review course (cost them $1000/student). Contact them to see if you can get 1 for free. Just don't let them trick you to sign a contract w/ them and you'll be stuck in their sweat shops for a long long time :laugh: Good luck w/ your study!

thanks for the insight. im gonna have to call walgreens...i have a job offer from them actually haha. not a contract tho, just a simple job offer with no contractual obligation.

and of course the apha site appears to not be working to let me order things.