Which residence gets most applications?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cfar83

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
and the one that gets less applications?
Yes we all know it's an extremely competitive process.

Take care sdners
:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

and the one that gets less applications?
Yes we all know it's an extremely competitive process.

Take care sdners
:rolleyes:
most- otho, 8577 in 2008-2009 academic year
least- combined prosthodontics-maxillofacial prosthetics, only 1 in 2008-2009 academic year

did you find those in the match website?

Members don't see this ad :)
most- otho, 8577 in 2008-2009 academic year
least- combined prosthodontics-maxillofacial prosthetics, only 1 in 2008-2009 academic year

very very interesting, where did you get those numbers?

take care :)

8500 applicants for ortho huh? I think you need to recheck your numbers

Come on now, don't you know everyone wants to do ortho these days? That's why over 150% of dental school students applied to ortho that year.

Maybe it's the number of applications? Many people apply to 20+ schools.

Come on now, don't you know everyone wants to do ortho these days? That's why over 150% of dental school students applied to ortho that year.

Maybe it's the number of applications? Many people apply to 20+ schools.

yes this is the number of applications, I think that's what the OP asked for.

yes this is the number of applications, I think that's what the OP asked for.

Just looking at the number of apps is a little misleading, however. There are a lot more OMFS programs than endo programs, for example, so just because there are more applicants does not necessarily mean it is more competitive. I'm not comparing any of the specialties, but what really matters is acceptance rate. That info can be obtained from the above attached document as well.

Just looking at the number of apps is a little misleading, however. There are a lot more OMFS programs than endo programs, for example, so just because there are more applicants does not necessarily mean it is more competitive. I'm not comparing any of the specialties, but what really matters is acceptance rate. That info can be obtained from the above attached document as well.

I absolutely agree with you.