which programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dsherida

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I am hoping to go to a postbacc and apply to med school at the same time next year. I know places like BU don't really suggest that. What programs are perfect for this type of idea? I was looking at RFU and Loyola. I would ultimately like to apply to schools that have a great rate of their students getting in like at RFU. I kinda want to limit it to around 2 programs to apply to. I am currently on 3 waitlists for med school so am still hanging out for them. THanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

did you try Drexel's IMS and Georgetown's SMP programs? I know there are others, but those are the ones that I applied to. Both are post-baccs that you complete in a year. You take classes along with 1 year med students. Look for other posts about these programs...they tell you what you need to know. Goodluck

Just to add to the good suggestions by PAPPAPPAP and the ones you mentioned:

*Eastern Virginia Medical School MS in Biomedical Sciences (Medical Sciences track)
*University of Pennsylvania Special Science Program
*Tulane's Anatomy Certification Program for waitlisted applicants

BU's program can be completed in one year even though two years is probably preferable. G-town/RFU/EVMS are probably better choices if you definitely want to finish in one year. The setup of the Loyola MAMS program is better suited for those taking a glide year. Of course, you could realistically apply during the program since it's meant to be completed in one year. However, you mentioned that you're looking for a program with a great rate of getting its students in (such as RFU) and Loyola's connection to Stritch is not very strong. You could PM coredump for more info--she's very helpful.