Which Postbac do you recommend? Bryn Mawr, Harvard Extension, or Do it yourself?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Smiler

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am considering attending either Bryn Mawr, Harvard or just complete the pre-reqs on my own at local college. I was wondering if someone could recommend a certain program? I know Bryn Mawr is one of the best post-bac programs out there but Harvard is much cheaper. In the neighborhood of 20k cheaper, actually. Bryn Mawr is also just as expensive as local college. Also, I know Harvard doesnt have a curve, or at least doesnt have a student determined curve, whereas Bryn Mawr has an "undergraduate curve". Your thoughts on these 3 options would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. FYI, I had a 3.86 UGPA so I think I am in decent shape in terms of admissions, etc. Also have clinical volunteer experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I will be starting the HCP at Harvard Extension this upcoming Fall. The cost, location, and 85% acceptance rate (85% of those sponsored matriculate into medical school) made it a relatively easy decision.

The cost/quality ratio, IMO, cannot be beat. Harvard professors for $1280/course (4 credits). The only downside is the complete lack of linkages.