Which post-bac program is right for me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adele48

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've been reading a lot of threads for a while and this is my first post.

I'm graduating from UC Irvine this June with a journalism major and my GPA will be around 3.6. I want to go to med school but I'm not sure whether to look for a post-bac program designed for academic enhancement or career-changers. I spent my first two years of undergrad as a biology major so I've taken gen chem w/ lab, a bit of o chem w/ lab and lower division biology (science GPA around the same).

I've looked at many programs suggested on this foum -- Penn, Columbia, HES, Scripps, Johns Hopkins, Bryn Mawr, Goucher, but I'm still unsure which would be most beneficial for my scenario. Can any of you please help? Location isn't an issue, and neither is cost. I do, however, want a program that offers linkage.

Last question -- as a bio major I received two F's in lower division science courses and I was wondering whether or not it'd be wise to retake them this year. My GPA will definitely improve, but the classes aren't needed to graduate and I want to have taken as few science courses as possible to be a better fit for the post-bac program.

Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.