Which podiatry school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohgee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone know about how good Des Moines Podiatry Program is? I just went to their interview last Friday, and the Dean told me that 100% of their students pass the USMLE part I, and 85% receive 2-3yr surgical residency. However, from the previous interview at Temple, I got the different stats, which says Temple has the highest of residency placement rate, and Iowa is somewhat low. I am just confused.:confused:

Also, does anyone know which podiatry is the best overall? how is the California Samuel Meritt Pod School? I am going to their interview next. Thank you!!

:)

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ohgee
Hello,

Does anyone know about how good Des Moines Podiatry Program is? I just went to their interview last Friday, and the Dean told me that 100% of their students pass the USMLE part I,

Podiatry students are not eligible to take USMLE Step I.

Sorry for the misinformation. I mean the boards part I. ( the test I take in 2nd year, then again at 4th year).

My class (Des Moines) had a 100% first time pass rate for Part I of the Boards. I'm not positive, but I believe the class behind mine only had 1 person who had to retake the exam, and I don't know the outcome of that.

On another note about the Part I boards, several of the schools had some problems, where the students are facing retaking the boards. I do not have all of the facts, and I am not sure of what happened, or where it currently stands. Des Moines and Scholl were apparently uninvolved.

Eric