Which PA programs are the best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

klp14

Member in Flipflops
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people, trying to decide if going to PA school is better than MD at this point. So the next step is finding out which schools have the best programs? Are there tiers like med school? I'm flexible on moving to a different city/state.

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard good things about the Red Rocks PA program in Colorado. It's a community college based program, but the student has an option of receiving a Master's degree through another PA school. Has anyone else heard much about this program?

As far as the rankings go, only Master's degree programs are ranked through US News and World Report. The ranking system that is used is kind of strange and so I wouldn't use this as your only guide as to the best PA programs.

I think the PA profession is moving in the direction of having Master's prepared individuals, so I would recommend pursuing the programs that have the master's option. However, there are good certificate and bachelor's programs too.

Most PA curriculums are very similar as they have to follow certain guidelines in order to be accredited. Therefore, I would consider tuition and geographic locations in your decision making. Hope this helps.

I'm hearing a lot about certification and masters programs. Which one is best for someone who already got their bachelors?