Which order to take classes??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fan2342

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
So I am taking the DAT next summer and am trying to get these upper level bio courses out of the way.

I am taking orgo I/II and A&P I/II for fall and winter semesters already.

What order should I take these in?

Fall semester:
Orgo I
A&P I
Either genetics, microbio, cell and molec.

Winter semester:
Orgo II
A&P II
whichever of the three classes I did not take fall semester

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I would say take genetics before cell and molec.

You can take microbiology whenever, but I personally wouldnt worry about it before the DAT. If you can fit it in, great. If not, oh well. However, you will definitely see genetic and molecular bio questions on the test.

I would say take genetics before cell and molec.

You can take microbiology whenever, but I personally wouldnt worry about it before the DAT. If you can fit it in, great. If not, oh well. However, you will definitely see genetic and molecular bio questions on the test.
So take genetics fall semester and then cell and molec plus microbio winter semester?

Members don't see this ad :)
So take genetics fall semester and then cell and molec plus microbio winter semester?
If your up for it, that's what I would do.

My sophomore year (last year), I took Bio II and OChem 1 in the fall and Genetics and OChem 2 in the spring. I then took Molecular Biology of the Cell in the summer. Having already taken genetics made Mol Bio much easier (at least at my school). So that's what I would recommend.

If anything, go talk to your advisor and see what they recommend you take first.