Which Optometry School to Pick?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peanutzz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble deciding which optometry school to attend this fall. Right now I've been accepted to Ohio State, ICO, SCCO, Western, and Midwestern. I'm more leaning toward Ohio State, ICO, or SCCO. Any advice or opinions would really help me out and I really really appreciate it.

Thank you so much =]

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding which optometry school to attend this fall. Right now I've been accepted to Ohio State, ICO, SCCO, Western, and Midwestern. I'm more leaning toward Ohio State, ICO, or SCCO. Any advice or opinions would really help me out and I really really appreciate it.

Thank you so much =]
I have a friend going to SCCO right now and she loves the school. The staff and faculty seem great, the Campus is nice, and can't beat the weather. That was my first choice but unfortunately didn't get in. I'm waiting to hear back from ICO and I'm interviewing at IUSO later this month. ICO also has a great program though. I knkw a few docs who went there. Can't say much about Ohio, as for western that would probably by my last choice due to board passage rates and how new the program is.

I have a friend going to SCCO right now and she loves the school. The staff and faculty seem great, the Campus is nice, and can't beat the weather. That was my first choice but unfortunately didn't get in. I'm waiting to hear back from ICO and I'm interviewing at IUSO later this month. ICO also has a great program though. I knkw a few docs who went there. Can't say much about Ohio, as for western that would probably by my last choice due to board passage rates and how new the program is.

Thank you so much for replying it really helps. Yeah I agree I'm leaning towards scco and ICO. Hope you kill your interviews!!! They were very nice at my ICO interview, no weird questions felt like a conversation so they will make you feel comfortable and welcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's great. Ultimately you can't go wrong with either school. It really just depends what kind of environment you would like.

Thanks! I heard back from MCPHS and got in. But as I mentioned, I'm waiting on the other two schools now. Hopefully I get some news soon from ICO and that I can get into IUSO.

I am going to Ohio State next year! I was really impressed by the atmosphere, the students and faculty were all so happy and excited to introduce me to all OSU has to offer. Plus you have the ability to get in state tuition as well as benefit from the low cost of living. It's a well established program and has high boards passage rates. Perhaps make a list of what criteria are more important to you, and see which school best fits? And then go with your gut!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! I would go to SCCO out of those choices! But it depends on what you want and where you want to live. I love warm weather and liked SCCO better than Midwestern. I also lived in Indiana for 10 years and you couldn't pay me to go back to that weather haha

Reactions: 1 user
hello! What are the best schools for optomeyry in US? hoping for a reply tnx!:)