Which one should I choose ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abandoned_self

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been accepted at UMich , UMass , UAB , Dartmouth and Minnesota (still waiting to hear from Columbia) . However I'm confused regarding the choice of institute . I'm an international student and hope to go for surgery residency after completing my MPH .

From amongst these univ/colleges, which would be the best choice for me ? and which of these places are the cheapest in terms of cost of living and the scholarship/assistantship opportunities ?

Plz give your thoughts/advice in this regard .

Members don't see this ad.

If you're using the MPH just to get into a residency, then go anywhere but Minnesota. We only want students who are actually interested in public health in our MPH programs.

abandoned_self said:
Hi,
I've been accepted at UMich , UMass , UAB , Dartmouth and Minnesota (still waiting to hear from Columbia) . However I'm confused regarding the choice of institute . I'm an international student and hope to go for surgery residency after completing my MPH .

From amongst these univ/colleges, which would be the best choice for me ? and which of these places are the cheapest in terms of cost of living and the scholarship/assistantship opportunities ?

Plz give your thoughts/advice in this regard .

Have a question for you..Did you take the GRE if you took your USMLE already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Adcadet said:
If you're using the MPH just to get into a residency, then go anywhere but Minnesota. We only want students who are actually interested in public health in our MPH programs.

Hey, go easy on abandoned_self... :) He/she may be planning to use his/her surgical skills pro bono in an underserved area of the country, or in a third-world country where medical help is sorely needed...

namazu said:
Hey, go easy on abandoned_self... :) He/she may be planning to use his/her surgical skills pro bono in an underserved area of the country, or in a third-world country where medical help is sorely needed...
good point. Sorry abandoned. So why the MPH? What do you want to do in life? Might help ya figure out where is the best match for you.