Which NMBE Form to take ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayanjoe

Medicus Sapiens
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will probably do 2 NBME forms and I wonder which ones are the most representative of the real test. I really don't want to do some form and get either over-confident or depressed !

Through my general reading in the forums it seems like Form 1 is the one that gives you "over-confidence" while form 2 tends to be a heart breaker!

Any thoughts from Step 2 CK veterans !

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

agree with above. save your $, UWorld questions are very similar to real thing.

if it helps relieve anxiety, i would go with 2. 1 and 3 were about the same. I remember hearing 1 being the easiest and 3 the hardest, but i thought they were about the same.

But to echo above, uworld is money.

Members don't see this ad :)
So trying to add this up...

(1) if my 65% UW puts me in the 71st percentile, and,

(2) I added up a total of 66.56% correct on CK,

(3) assuming I am correct about the 66% CK score -- which may be on the low if I guessed well,

in what range should my step 2CK score be?

I agree with you guys. UWorld is the the best out there.

The thing is that UWorld makes me feel kinda weird. For instance, after doing quite a bit of Qs in UWorld I feel pretty confident about lots of difficult topics but it also made me forget quite a bit of the straight forward Qs.

Since the NBMEs are the most representative of the real exam, I feel more comfortable in trusting their results over UWorld.

Anyways, I guess I will go for Form 2 first and maybe do Form 1 sometime before the exam for the placebo effect !

Thanx guys !