Which NBME forms are worth doing for Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vanquish

Soldier of Fortune
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, to those with experience. Which NBME exams are worth doing for step 2 out of the four that are available as a means of evaluation? I definitely plan on doing NBME 4. I have heard questionable things about NBME 3 and that it seriously underestimates. I dont know anything about exams 1 and 2. I am assuming they are quite old and may not reflect the most recent pattern of questions. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, to those with experience. Which NBME exams are worth doing for step 2 out of the four that are available as a means of evaluation? I definitely plan on doing NBME 4. I have heard questionable things about NBME 3 and that it seriously underestimates. I dont know anything about exams 1 and 2. I am assuming they are quite old and may not reflect the most recent pattern of questions. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks. :)

I did all 4

NBME1 235
NBME 2 242
NBME 3 229
NBME 4 242
USWA 246
Actual 252

heard forms 2 and 4 are closest to the ck. Thats according to a poll done in another forum. I did nbme 2 yesturday 207..not really happy about it, felt it had a lot of geriatrics in it.