which NBME form?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maverick_pkg

Vascular Surgery
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
if i were to give only 1 NBME form, which one seems to have the best correlation with the actual exam?

and do these forms give u the equivalent 3 digit expected score (200+) or does one have to look that up seperately using their 4-500+scores

Members don't see this ad.

maverick_pkg said:
if i were to give only 1 NBME form, which one seems to have the best correlation with the actual exam?

and do these forms give u the equivalent 3 digit expected score (200+) or does one have to look that up seperately using their 4-500+scores

no replies????

My performance on Form 2 and 3 both correlated closely w/ my score on the real exam. Form 1, however, was a different story.

The assessment gives you a score (200-800) which you can then convert to the USMLE 3 digit score w/ a chart they provide.

I only took the NBME #1, and it was pretty close to my actual score (difference of just 3 points).

Members don't see this ad :)
goldengate said:
My performance on Form 2 and 3 both correlated closely w/ my score on the real exam. Form 1, however, was a different story.

The assessment gives you a score (200-800) which you can then convert to the USMLE 3 digit score w/ a chart they provide.

did you find forms 2 and 3 comparable as far as difficulty? since form 3 is new, did you see any newer, topics that were not in forms 1 or 2?

i didnt do well on form 1. im doing UW qBank now, and will take either form 2 or 3 a week before my exam

much thanks

FarEastGrapplr2 said:
did you find forms 2 and 3 comparable as far as difficulty? since form 3 is new, did you see any newer, topics that were not in forms 1 or 2?

i didnt do well on form 1. im doing UW qBank now, and will take either form 2 or 3 a week before my exam

much thanks

I can't recall any differences in difficulty OR content between Forms 2 and 3 because I took them months apart. Hope you do better on your next assessment.

so any new updates or opinions on which form would be worthwhile to take before the exam?