which month are most radiology interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radiology555

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am applying to radiology this year-I am starting my prelim year this year and have to submit my vacation preference by tomorrow-Which month are most of the radiology interviews? My first choice is is mid dec to about jan 9 and the other choice is jan 10 to about early feb. Which one should I pick. Please let me know. I have to turn in my preference tomorrow
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Well keep in mind that nobody gives interviews during X-mas/New Years time. My latest Rads IV of Dec was 12/22, then my earliest Jan IV was about 1/06.

So based on that, I would recommend your 2nd block. But either way should be fine. Feb is kinda late for interviews though...

Most of my interviews were in the second half of November and first half of January.

Members don't see this ad :)
If youre looking to take one month off so you can stack up interviews, January is the best month. The only problem with that is the fact that the weather is usually a little worse than dec. Definitely get all direct flights if youre gonna do january. I know I missed a couple interviews because of cancellations.

If youre looking to take one month off so you can stack up interviews, January is the best month. The only problem with that is the fact that the weather is usually a little worse than dec. Definitely get all direct flights if youre gonna do january. I know I missed a couple interviews because of cancellations.

It kind of depends on location. All of my west coast interviews (except for one) were in January and February. My interviews outside of CA were in November and December.