Which MCAT prep books best prepares for all topics on the exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

undergrad13

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for the best prep books that thoroughly cover each topic on the MCAT, but I don't know which is the best.
Do any of you guys have good advice those who've taken it or not

Members don't see this ad.

TPR/TBR- too much info. Kaplan- nice amount of info but can be a bit extra. EK-very concise, but can leave things out. I personally used Kaplan for all sections, but use what you think is correct based on your knowledge level of a subject.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used EK which is concise but gets to the point. I would only use it if you are still in school or have recently graduated. Great practice sections in the back. Get another book for Psych/Soc though. Honestly, I took the Khan Academy Notes on Reddit and made Anki cards for the entire document little by little. It was totally worth it! Get the 100 page document though.

Also, it's not so much about which books you use or how much knowledge you have. This beast is looking for critical thinking. Quickly, get a base of knowledge then start practicing because a lot of the answers can be gotten correct by using the data and information that the passage provides you coupled with your base knowledge of simple topics. Good luck!!!