which lender to choose for Graduate Plus Loans???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DENTISTHONEY

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am on the step to choose a lender for my Federal Graduate plus loans, as I already applied for the Federal Stafford Loans. I have two lenders in hand and confuse which one to choose.

Lender 1- offers me interest rate of 7.9%, both during in the school and while repayment also. ( WACHOVIA EDUCATION FINANCE.)

Lender 2- offers interest rate of 8.5% while in school, and 6.5% during repayment. ( STUDENT LOAN EXPRESS)

So, which lender I should choose. What I am thinking is to take a loan from Lender 1 and then at the end of the school, go for consolidation with a lender who gives good interest rates and nice plan for repayment. I will appreciate your inputs here.

P.S. : If someone knows any other lender which has very good benefit plans for the graduate plus loans, please post here.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dude,
itz only wachovia who has come up with this proposal...the rest ..like citi,bank of america are yet to start up wth this grad +!they r gonna start from july1st onwards!i called them and found out!
DENTISTHONEY said:
Hi,

I am on the step to choose a lender for my Federal Graduate plus loans, as I already applied for the Federal Stafford Loans. I have two lenders in hand and confuse which one to choose.

Lender 1- offers me interest rate of 7.9%, both during in the school and while repayment also. ( WACHOVIA EDUCATION FINANCE.)

Lender 2- offers interest rate of 8.5% while in school, and 6.5% during repayment. ( STUDENT LOAN EXPRESS)

So, which lender I should choose. What I am thinking is to take a loan from Lender 1 and then at the end of the school, go for consolidation with a lender who gives good interest rates and nice plan for repayment. I will appreciate your inputs here.

P.S. : If someone knows any other lender which has very good benefit plans for the graduate plus loans, please post here.

Thanks