Which journal to submit to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docpetey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I wrote up a case with an orthopedic surgeon and was wondering which journals are friendly to student case reports? Which journals would be most accepting?

Thanks for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

docpetey said:
Hey everyone,

I wrote up a case with an orthopedic surgeon and was wondering which journals are friendly to student case reports? Which journals would be most accepting?

Thanks for your help.

Probably best to ask the surgeon you worked with...where you submit depends on the content of your case report.

You can try Orthopedics (Blue Journal) or American Journal of Orthopaedics...these journals publish across a wide spectrum of topics. But each specialty has its own journals, like Spine, Journal of Spine Disorders, American Journal of Sports Medicine...similar ones for Foot and ankle, hand surgery, joints, peds etc. etc. There are a lot of journals out there and where you submit depends on your case report. But the first two I mentioned are open to all topics within realm of orthopaedic surgery.

It depends how good the case report is. JBJS accepts case reports, but that is the best journal. It also depends on what the topic is, as you could try to get it into some of the more subspecialized journals (ie: spine, journal of arthroscopy, etc). Look up each of these journals online to see which have accepted case reports in the past.

Members don't see this ad :)
Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics does not accept case reports.

Spine has the highest impact factor.
Try and sent it ther if its relevant