Which journal is best to publish your first urology article?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDeacon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a journal to publish someone's first urology paper? I've been hearing a lot about online medical journals like UroToday International Journal and Digital Urology Journal. An opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I have no clue which journal. A good rule of thumb is to ask your advisor what journal is appropriate. They'll know prestige, the spin of the journal (basic vs clinical, theory/methods vs practical), if the paper can 'make the grade' for a particular journal, and even might have connections to help 'guide' a paper through the review process. For my first pub, I was fortunate to work at the same hospital of an expert, so I asked him and he gave some good feedback on the differences between the journals in my topic.

I have no clue which journal. A good rule of thumb is to ask your advisor what journal is appropriate. They'll know prestige, the spin of the journal (basic vs clinical, theory/methods vs practical), if the paper can 'make the grade' for a particular journal, and even might have connections to help 'guide' a paper through the review process. For my first pub, I was fortunate to work at the same hospital of an expert, so I asked him and he gave some good feedback on the differences between the journals in my topic.
This is good advice. OP, you're not working in a vaccuum, so take advantage of the expertise around you. If you're doing basic science work that happens to touch on urology (e.g. your PI doesn't know which journal either,) then talk to your urology depertment.