Which home study course is best?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asunta22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Archer or Premier or Kaplan?

Members don't see this ad.

Archer or Premier or Kaplan?

Stick to 1 that you believe fits your budget and time. All of them are good. Kaplan I think brings you back to the basics which is good for those that dont have a strong enough step 1 and CK i guess. (Based on a friend of mine)

Premier is very good also. (Heard a lot from forum)

Archer prime's strength is CCS (I tell you....this is my savior probably...program helped me..my CCS score was outstanding!)

Hope it helps

Stick to 1 that you believe fits your budget and time. All of them are good. Kaplan I think brings you back to the basics which is good for those that dont have a strong enough step 1 and CK i guess. (Based on a friend of mine)

Premier is very good also. (Heard a lot from forum)

Archer prime's strength is CCS (I tell you....this is my savior probably...program helped me..my CCS score was outstanding!)

Hope it helps

yes, have heard a great feedback about **********. CCS is my prime weakness. Could you please tell me how many cases they practice in ********** Workshop? Do they keep changing their cases? because they have a recorded session from July 26th that i plan to buy and I also want to attend this month's live workshop if the cases practiced are different

thank you

yes, have heard a great feedback about **********. CCS is my prime weakness. Could you please tell me how many cases they practice in ********** Workshop? Do they keep changing their cases? because they have a recorded session from July 26th that i plan to buy and I also want to attend this month's live workshop if the cases practiced are different

thank you

I atended 2 CCS workshops. They practice about 15 to 20 cases. About 8 cases were practiced again in the second workshop that I attended. But each time listened, I felt i learned something new and very crucial for the exam.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just passed my step 3...

I'm totally in favor of the book "USMLE master the boards Step 3"

read crush step 3 also, but the above book really helped. USMLEWORLD questions are key. They also have a new practice test. Also, i took the practice test put out by FSMB, which i highly recommend. Hope that helps :)

ps i dont work or have a stake in kaplan or any book company!

Just passed my step 3...

read crush step 3 also, but the above book really helped. USMLEWORLD questions are key. They also have a new practice test. Also, i took the practice test put out by FSMB, which i highly recommend. Hope that helps :)

Yes, after looking at a lot of review courses I think
Archer lectures + UW + CCS Workshop + Master the boards is the most time efficient and focused combo for Step 3

Just passed my step 3...

You are very correct. Master the boards is also helping in my internship. I feel i did really well on my recent inservice , most questions are from this book and Archer review. Of course, I would not know until in-service results are out in the last week of December. I am eagerly waiting as our PD places too much emphasis on in-service and decides whom to recommend for fellowships.

I still have USMLE step 3 pending. The combo recommended by "dieulafuoy" seems best for Step 3 exam.

When you talk about the Archer videos being helpful....are you talking about the ********** videos or all the Archer videos (ie videos on each topic and CCS cases)?

You are very correct. Master the boards is also helping in my internship. I feel i did really well on my recent inservice , most questions are from this book and Archer review. Of course, I would not know until in-service results are out in the last week of December. I am eagerly waiting as our PD places too much emphasis on in-service and decides whom to recommend for fellowships.

I still have USMLE step 3 pending. The combo recommended by "dieulafuoy" seems best for Step 3 exam.

Thanks for the info. How long is the access to Archer video reviews?
My other question is regarding ********** Workshop, which do you prefer, live webinar or pay-per-view? what are advantages / disadvantages. I am just starting step 3 preparation, please advise.

I have to complete step 3 in 2 months - a deadline that is set by my PD. But I did not know that PDs placed to much emphasis on inservice scores in selecting fellows. Thanks for that information. I signed up for Archer review a week back.Love those lectures. It is, indeed, a great course for step 3 and residency.

I have to complete step 3 in 2 months - a deadline that is set by my PD. But I did not know that PDs placed to much emphasis on inservice scores in selecting fellows. Thanks for that information. I signed up for Archer review a week back.Love those lectures. It is, indeed, a great course for step 3 and residency.

did not know that!! Step 3 a criteria for fellowship? Good info.