Which day do you think is the day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RNtoDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
SO:::
what day do you think is the day?????

do you expect to be happy?

do you expect to be sad?

Members don't see this ad.

RNtoDO said:
SO:::
what day do you think is the day?????

do you expect to be happy?

do you expect to be sad?

Urp! I've got a range :)

I want it to be the 7th! TPR mailed it out, they can't be that wrong... can they?

I expect it to be online about the 15th (cause that seems more pessimistic and somebody said they saw that somewhere too).

I know I've gotten them in the mail by the 25th before, although that would suck. I don't even know if I'll be in this country at that point (although the internet is everywhere, thank God).

I expect to be happy, but I'm less positive than I was a month ago.

Unfortunately I think its gonna be more around the 15th than the 7th....as if this isn't stressful enough. Why does it take so long and why couldn't they just give us a set date? That would definitely cut down on the pressure a little if we just knew instead of just guessing and obsessing over it.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm guessing june 14-15.

i'm expecting to feel completely numb to the whole situation by then. if i take into account all of my practice exams, my only emotions would be happiness if i scored 35+ or blinding hatred/anger if i score 28 or below.

i told myself that the wait wouldn't bother me.

the wait is bothering me. damn.

I emailed MCAT last week and asked the for the date of the online scores. In response to this question, I got the most ambiguous, long-winded answer that told me nothing.

Here's my hunch.

April 26, 2003 test
June 24, 2003 release (online)

August 16, 2003 test
October 14 2003 release (online)

April 17, 2004 test
June 15, 2004 release (online)

This is just my guess but since I did lots of guessing on the actual MCAT hopefully my score release date prediction will be an omen of things to come. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that a bunch of people (in Iowa of all places) know your score and you don't.

This is killing me and I am only waiting for the confirmation of bad news. Could you imagine if I thought I did well. I'd be driving to Iowa right now.

sky walkerz said:
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that a bunch of people (in Iowa of all places) know your score and you don't.

This is killing me and I am only waiting for the confirmation of bad news. Could you imagine if I thought I did well. I'd be driving to Iowa right now.

I never heard about this.. ?

I actually wrote to the evil mcat people soon after taking the exam in april. They told me that the scores will be mailed out approx 60 days after the test day (June 16) and the scores will be available online approx 50 days after the test day (since 50 days = sunday June 6...monday = June 7)
sooooooo JUNE 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :luck:

I actually emailed them late last night for the hell of it...str8 from the horses mouth:

Gregg

Thank You for contacting the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) program.

The Scheduled release date of MCAT scores for the April 17, 2004 exam is on or about June 15.

Scores from each MCAT administration will be mailed out approximately 60 days after test day by the MCAT Program Office in Iowa City. You may contact them directly at (319) 337-1357.

You may also view your scores online (slightly earlier than the 60 days) using the new Testing History (THx) Report system at www.aamc.org/mcat.

Please let us know if you need any additional assistance.

The MCAT Care Team
Association of American Medical Colleges
Section for Applicant Assessment Services
2450 N St., NW
Washington, DC 20037
U.S.A.

VERY VAGUE

CanIMakeIt said:
(S)he is referring to ACT...... the org that makes and grades MCAT ...... their HQ is in Iowa

Got it. I actually read "know your score" as "know their score". I was wondering why you could walk into the HQ and find out your score before they are posted on the internet.

Members don't see this ad :)
!@#$%!@$%^!#$%^!@$%!@ Bring The Scores Out Already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm About To Rip My Hair Out!

So how do we find out which day they decide to release the scores? Granted, I'm checking their site every day, but do they email us all or anything? I wonder how early they'd tell us if they did that.

wasn't thinking about it much...finally got that test out of my mind (only took a month)...and now i'm starting to get really nervous. i hate this. *pout* [insert assorted whining comments here, but i will spare ya'll from that]

Probably by next week, this time, we will all have our scores. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. :scared:

I dont understand how people are saying we will get our scores 1 week of the scheduled time. I mean im thinking June 15th, I dont think MCAT will release it on the 7th or the 10th. They have never released scores a week ahead of time, so why woudl they for the April MCAT. Believe me, I'm getting nervous too, but its all out of our hands, and I think the more we talk about it, the more we get anxious. I just question that princeton review email that said scores would be released on june 7th, because that would mean someone at AAMC leaked the information.
Good luck to everyone.

pbehzad said:
I dont understand how people are saying we will get our scores 1 week of the scheduled time. I mean im thinking June 15th, I dont think MCAT will release it on the 7th or the 10th. They have never released scores a week ahead of time, so why woudl they for the April MCAT. Believe me, I'm getting nervous too, but its all out of our hands, and I think the more we talk about it, the more we get anxious. I just question that princeton review email that said scores would be released on june 7th, because that would mean someone at AAMC leaked the information.
Good luck to everyone.

What makes it so impossible, I mean how much time does it take for the computer to grade our scantrons, if anything it's the writing section that may be the problem, a problem that can be solved by hiring more people, to be honest I think they already have our scores, plus some guy (another thread) claims that he got an e-mail from somebody at the MCAT office saying that the release date is around June 7th.

How can people contact the same test administration and get two official answers that are inconsistent? Some say June 7 others say June 15. One group has to be wrong.

Something does not make sense. Especially when I contacted the MCAT administration and got a reply with no date or any type of specific information. At least I am being honest about what I know.

I am curious, confused and as anxious as the rest of you. If someone really knows the truth, could you please share?

sky walkerz said:
How can people contact the same test administration and get two official answers that are inconsistent? Some say June 7 others say June 15. One group has to be wrong.

Something does not make sense. Especially when I contacted the MCAT administration and got a reply with no date or any type of specific information. At least I am being honest about what I know.

I am curious, confused and as anxious as the rest of you. If someone really knows the truth, could you please share?

Prettty pleeease, with a cherry on top???

Sharing is caring!!

-tx

sky walkerz said:

I think your problem is with AAMC not with the replies. I got an answer of the 15th and posted the text of the email in the other thread. The other guy got an answer of the 7th. I used a link in my score report, so I got a generic guy. He said he mailed a specific person, but didn't say how he knew that guy or whether that guy has some reason to know more. There's no telling, but I'm rooting for the 7th at this point :)

MoosePilot said:
I think your problem is with AAMC not with the replies. I got an answer of the 15th and posted the text of the email in the other thread. The other guy got an answer of the 7th. I used a link in my score report, so I got a generic guy. He said he mailed a specific person, but didn't say how he knew that guy or whether that guy has some reason to know more. There's no telling, but I'm rooting for the 7th at this point :)

I just called the MCAT office in Iowa and they said the middle of June. I want the MCAT guys email that said scores would be released on the 7th so that I can reconfirm it. I hope its the 7th but at the same time, i'm very doubtful it is. I know they have the scores and all, I just feel like they are going to hold for the 8 weeks they said.

pbehzad said:
I just called the MCAT office in Iowa and they said the middle of June. I want the MCAT guys email that said scores would be released on the 7th so that I can reconfirm it. I hope its the 7th but at the same time, i'm very doubtful it is. I know they have the scores and all, I just feel like they are going to hold for the 8 weeks they said.

I was definitely hopeful for the 7 Jun date, but I called and got a vague answer with the bottomline of it's usually 60 days with online scores 3 days or so earlier. That makes 15 Jun much more likely.

MCAT Staff in the e-mcat (AMCAS) site kept saying that they GUARANTEE the scores within 60 days (mid-june), but often the scores are available earlier online (june 7ish).

So it sounds like they don't want to get our hopes up and tell us anything before mid-June, but we should know there is a good chance we will get the scores before then!

-tx

txguy said:
MCAT Staff in the e-mcat (AMCAS) site kept saying that they GUARANTEE the scores within 60 days (mid-june), but often the scores are available earlier online (june 7ish).

So it sounds like they don't want to get our hopes up and tell us anything before mid-June, but we should know there is a good chance we will get the scores before then!

-tx

I'm unfamiliar with the e-mcat site. Any links?

This is so ******ed, we all know that they have the scores, why won't they release them; I wouldn't be surprised if the Health Professional Advisors already got them. :mad:

I'm worried beyond belief. I was hoping the 7th cux that's what I heard but after reading all this and consulting with some friends I think the week of the 15th. I don't know what to think, I haven't started studying againg becuse I don't want to unless I absolutly have too. Everyone's telling me it's going to be fine, I just hope they are right!

MoosePilot said:
I'm unfamiliar with the e-mcat site. Any links?

If you ordered AAMC tests online, its the same site:

http://www.e-mcat.com/mcat2/login.asp

Login (its free to signup, since practice test 3R is free!) and click on the button on the left hand side that says "Discussion Board", then goto "General Q&A"

The following threads are good:

"How long do we have to agonize?"
"The Curve"

Just fish around the topics and look for posts by "MCAT staff", its some director in the department and she is thus very knowledgeable about anything MCAT related. :thumbup:

-tx

I can't stand it any longer. I am going absolutely crazy waiting for my scores. I was fine all through April and May, but now I am neurotically checking to see if they have been posted. It is going to be a very very long couple of weeks!!!! :eek:

I'm not religious, but if I thought that praying would help; I'd be on my knees morning, noon, and night.

I'd like the conformation, but I'm an "average" applicant. Assuming I'm an "average" MCAT tester, that means I'm getting a 24 or so. I'm in no real rush for that.

dc

bigdan said:
I'd like the conformation, but I'm an "average" applicant. Assuming I'm an "average" MCAT tester, that means I'm getting a 24 or so. I'm in no real rush for that.

dc

Way to be pessimistic, are you preparing yourself for the worse? I tend to be bad about that. My estimates are all over the place. What was your last practice score?

Am i the only one that does NOT see any inconsistencies???

AAMC said lastest would be june 15thish (60 days).

But online would be the the week of June 7th...which is June 7th-11th....its prob not 12th or 13th cause aamc like to sit around and play with their you know what over the weekend

...My guess is the 11th :scared: :eek: :D

I agree, the week of June 7th sounds reasonable, the sooner we get our scores, the sooner we know what we're doing over the summer.