Which course is more likely to be accepted as BCPM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BootPear

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I saw people managed to get Psychology courses counted in their BCPM gpa. How I understand it is that an automatic system goes through the course's description to determine if it counts or not. Here are the descriptions of the two courses that I'm deciding between. Abnormal Psych sounds more interesting to me, but I've taken a class with the Emerging Diseases professor last semester so I can probably ask him for a rec if I do well. Abnormal Psychology is in the Psych department and Emerging diseases is in the Anthropology department. Which one is more likely to be accepted as BCPM?

PSYCH-UA 51 Abnormal Psychology
Description: The kinds, dynamics, causes, and treatment of psychopathology. Topics: early concepts of abnormal behavior; affective disorders, anxiety disorders, psychosis, and personality disorders; the nature and effectiveness of traditional and modern methods of psychotherapy; viewpoints of major psychologists past and present.

ANTH-UA 80 Emerging Diseases
Description: Integrates evolutionary biology, genetics, immunology, ecology, and behavioral ecology with sociocultural anthropology, politics, and economics. General evolutionary theory and an introduction to Darwinian medicine frame an examination of viral, bacterial, parasitic, and prion-based diseases along with their hosts, vectors, and other organisms. Particular attention to how humans have purposely and inadvertently created both biological and cultural environments for the transmission of different diseases. Considers media representations and misrepresentations.

Thanks y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Based on your description of the course, I don't think it would count, unless your syllabus shows a heavier emphasis on neuroscience/biology

I classified a bunch of borderline classes as BCPM and they all counted. I didn’t even try abnormal psych though. I think the latter option is much more likely to be counted.

Reactions: 1 user
Neither one is a legit BCPM.

Reactions: 1 user
Neither, I'd say but the latter would likely count for DO