which book to prepare for the DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coralfangs

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay, ive taken the mcat (dont get me started on this, my primary goal is either dentistry or plastic surgery and i havent decided yet, might as well take all the tests),
so im okay with the science part, but im totally new to the other sections
which book do u guys recommend to prepare for the test?

also, would u mind confirmin with me about the whole procedure for aDAT?
because it seems to be very different from canadianDAT
basically, for the aDAT, i get to choose a timeslot within the business hour, go to the test center and do the test, right?

Members don't see this ad.

WA!?

even if ur only applying to their dental schools, they will also know that uve taken the mcat?

edit: u got me worried haha, i know i have a very good reason to choose dentistry (preferably ortho) over plasticsurgery,
reason i took mcat first and aDAT later is that i live in canada and i will be attendin columbia for a master degree in the fall, so i figure out it will be a lot easier to take the aDAT when im actually in the country

I recommend the following books to study for the DAT:

1) Kaplan DAT with CD-ROM : Third Edition
2) Examkrackers 1001 Questions in MCAT Organic Chemistry
3) Barron's How to Prepare for the Dental Admissions Test - use only to study for the PAT section, the rest of this book is worthless
4) Dental Admission Test (DAT) Computerized Sample Tests and Guide, TopScore Pro for the DAT (CD-ROM)

The DAT is computerize so you can take it anytime and you pick the time slot (morning or afternoon). You'll have to find the testing center nearest you.