Where to open business account?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The PA Investor

Reaction score
What are some of the best business checking accounts to open with? I won't be holding that much money in so I want a business checking account with low to no fees and a low minimum balance. I was possibly thinking of navy federal credit union. Your responses are much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I just opened a second checking account where I do my personal banking. No fees due to the combined account values (also have taxable investment account there) and I didn't have to provide any special documentation for it to be a business account.

If you practice in a small-medium sized town you would be wise to open that account with the "local" bank. Making friends with the "local" banker is always a good idea. As you financial footprint grows you may very well need the help of this "local" banker. That help can come in the form of standard banking services or in the form of unofficial activities such as information and knowledge about the business climate in your community.

BTW: This advice is coming from an old guy that has had is butt pulled out of the fire a few times by my friendly "local" banker.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been using Azlo, an internet based bank backed by BBVA. They have no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements, and they provide a decent amount of services for their business checking accounts.

If you practice in a small-medium sized town you would be wise to open that account with the "local" bank. Making friends with the "local" banker is always a good idea. As you financial footprint grows you may very well need the help of this "local" banker. That help can come in the form of standard banking services or in the form of unofficial activities such as information and knowledge about the business climate in your community.

BTW: This advice is coming from an old guy that has had is butt pulled out of the fire a few times by my friendly "local" banker.
Thank you very much for your replies. I actually went to my local bank and asked them to waive the monthly minimum and monthly fees for a business account.