where to apply 33mcat 4.0gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sux2bu09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
moved thread w/ updated list

33 mcat, with 4.0 overall GPA
-lots of hospital volunteer hours
-shadowing
-published research paper
-community service activities
-MD resident

UMD
Harvard
Duke
Georgetown
GW
John Hopkin's
UVA
UPenn
Vanderbilt
NYU
VCU

-i know some of these are reach schools but i think i still have a decent shot at them

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
As long as you're not a dickhead, anywhere you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
33 mcat, with 4.0 overall GPA
-lots of hospital volunteer hours
-shadowing
-published research paper
-community service activities
-MD resident

UMD
Harvard
Duke
Georgetown
GW
John Hopkin’s
UVA
UPenn
Vanderbilt
NYU
VCU

-i know some of these are reach schools but i think i still have a decent shot at them

It's not a bad list. Your success at the reach schools will *really* be driven by the strength of your letters of recommendation as well as the written aspects of your application. I would recommend adding 2 schools that you think are below your stats. If you're getting lots of other interviews, then maybe you don't even bother to interview at those 2 lower schools, but it's nice to have more to fall back on.

You have a good list, but it can get difficult if you do not get into UMD, GW or G-town.

Fortunately, your chances of getting into one of these schools is very good. What's the breakdown of your MCAT scores?

I'd eliminate VCU and add Jefferson Medical College (PA) as well as MC Wisconsin. Even if you keep VCU, add Jefferson and MCW.

FYI, it's Johns Hopkins.

You have a good list, but it can get difficult if you do not get into UMD, GW or G-town.

Fortunately, your chances of getting into one of these schools is very good. What's the breakdown of your MCAT scores?

I'd eliminate VCU and add Jefferson Medical College (PA) as well as MC Wisconsin. Even if you keep VCU, add Jefferson and MCW.

FYI, it's Johns Hopkins.

13PS 10VR 10BS
-i attend VCU so i'm going to keep that on my list