Where should I aoply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBART

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where should I apply/ what are my chances.
3.43 CGPA
3.07 SGPA
503 MCAT
300 hours of shadowing.
Kentucky resident

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT is fine, dont retake. I think your science GPA is sort of low, if you can retake and get it up to a 3.2-3.3 youll have a better chance. But if you don't want to retake, def apply to KYCOM, since your a kentucky resident, they have instate bias. Apply to the newer schools like ACOM, except (CUSOM--> 3.2 cutoff GPA), BCOM. Also I think your extra curriculars are weak. DO schools like to see community service, helping the community, mission trips (not saying all, but a lot of them do).

Members don't see this ad :)
I know my EC's are weak but I currently work two jobs. I am also in a fraternity. I do not have much time.

I know my EC's are weak but I currently work two jobs. I am also in a fraternity. I do not have much time.

The choice is simple: fraternity vs. getting into med school. Your ECs are weak, especially paired with your sGPA, and need to be added to.

Reactions: 1 users
I would definitely think of dropping the fraternity. It really doesn't add anything to your Med school application and is a waste of time if these are the moments you have which will help you out a ton for med school. If you are doing it for the party aspect, I greatly suggest you reconsider the party vs med school aspect. If you are doing it to make your application look better, then I say you can use that time on so many other things that won't really have a negative connotation like fraternities might have.

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 user