Where on your rank list did you match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where on your rank list did you match?

Votes: 32 40.0%

Votes: 17 21.3%

Votes: 12 15.0%

Votes: 6 7.5%

Votes: 2 2.5%

Votes: 3 3.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9+

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Did not match

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

fizzle

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't think the radiology subforum has had one of these threads before...so, out of curiosity and for the benefit of those who will come after us, how far down on your rank list did you match? This is an anonymous poll, but you can post below if you'd like.

Edit: Should mention, this is for those who went through the 2013 NRMP Match.

Members don't see this ad.

#2 of 15. My classmates were surprised at my #1 and said my #2 was better anyway...I can't complain.

For prelim, #8 of 11. :eek::oops: Was surprised to say the least. No chill TY for me...

For those who do not match and have to SOAP: Do not give up. I went through this cursed process. All I could think about is how much money (I prefer to call it green toilet paper), time and energy I wasted going through so many interviews. What made it particularly frustrating was the positive feedback I received from many of the programs. It still gives me the chills now just thinking about it. At the time I thought I had a good chance at matching somewhere but it did not turn out that way.

Take a deep breath and meet with your mentor(s). Come up with a plan and go through with it. Do not give up on programs you previously applied at but did not receive an interview. The program that I ended up getting was one of those programs that did not interview me during match season but I DID apply to.

I did not give up on rads even though I did not match. I worked too hard to improve my application just to give up and switch specialties. I ended up getting an offer at a solid program at a decent location (southeast) and took it.

It was much harder trying to find a prelim. I ended up getting one on Thursday of match week. I just have to go through one year at a surgical prelim at Albert Einstein Montefiore.

Members don't see this ad :)
Couples matched with peds GF, got 3/15 by my list and 3/~50 when counting couples combos.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was much harder trying to find a prelim. I ended up getting one on Thursday of match week. I just have to go through one year at a surgical prelim at Albert Einstein Montefiore.

Ouch. Heard their medicine prelim was brutal enough... :shudder:

Ouch. Heard their medicine prelim was brutal enough... :shudder:

I communicated with one of the current prelims there who liked the program. Oh well, it will be like a year-long MS-5 surgery rotation. Floor work, floor work, floor work. Perfectly fine with me.... I am not interested in surgery.

Matched into my top 3 in both advanced and prelim. Out of the radiology applicants in my class whose rank lists I know of, I know that two matched at #1 on the rank list, three matched at #3, and one matched at #6. Also one classmate applied into a different field but picked up a radiology spot through SOAP. Quite a range there.